Seeking clarity and confirmation

  • Kyle Elwood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2012
      Ted and others....

      I would like to get confirmation that the following information which
      I have in my genealogy software is accurate and obtain any
      reference information related to it.

      I have the following listed as coming from Ted Sanford but
      I have no references.

      The information in question is listed under Governor John Endecott's
      grandfather (John Endecott, b Abt. 1541 Devon, England d Bet.
      1635 - 1636 Devon, England)

      He is the son of Henry Endecott b 1515 d. ca 1585 and Margery Halse
      (the grandfather of Governor John Endecott).

      Some or all of this information was obtained from researcher,
      Ted Sanford:

      John (John Endecott b Abt. 1541 Devon, England d Bet.
      1635 - 1636 Devon, England) had three brothers and one sister
      (William d. 1630; Elizabeth, married John Downe; Henry; and Johann).
      His two first cousins through his uncle John were John (b 1563) and
      William (b 1558, died 1582). As the first son, he inherited Drewston and
      Middlecott Manor, and acquired large tin mining properties in the area
      including Cranbrook farm and Cranbrook castle. John was a strong
      churchman of the Established Church, that is, the Church of England.
      Cranbrook Castle is an Iron Age hillfort dating back to 800 B.C. or beyond.
      It is due south of Drewsteignton and guards the southern shoreline of
      the river
      Teign. On the opposite shore is the hillfort, Prestonbury Castle.
      Cranbrook
      covers 13.25 acres and has a single rampart and ditch lining the perimeter
      of the hilltop. Nearby is a tiny hamlet called Cranbrook, the probable
      site of
      Cranbrook farm.

      Does anyone have more details on any of the individuals mentioned here?

      Thanks,

      Kyle Elwood
    • Gordon S. Harmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2012
        Hi Kyle

        I suggest you check the work of

        1. Lethbridge

        2. Donald C. Endicott, Sr.

        3. Gordon S. Harmon - 2002 ( A Summary and Analysis of the two above, are included)

        Some of your questions can be answered from those sources.

        I do not think Teddy is here on the Endicott Gen, so I have copied him.

        Gordon

        To: Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com