Re: [Endicott_Gen] Re: Endicotts in the War of 1812

  • Gordon Harmon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2011
      Kyle and Others

      Here is what some of us are attempting to do REF: The  Endicott Family Contribution in the War of 1812. We think that this is important not only to preserve the military service and records of our Endicotts, but also a means to research and celebrate with the 200th Anniversary of the War of 1812 coming next year and to cover this topic in the Endicott Lecture Series during the 2012 Endicott Cousins Reunion----June 17-22, 2012 with the Lecture Series being on June 20 on campus at Endicott College.

      BREAKING NEWS: Today, I learned that the President of Endicott College, Dr. Wylie, has graciously offered his estate home (Beechwood) on the campus of Endicott College and will host our New England Clam Bake. What a New England Tradition!!!!!!!

      REF: War of 1812: A couple of things, some of which have been mentioned before

      1. We have the article completed for submission to the Kentucky Historical Society Quarterly - Kentucky Pioneers. This article is entitled:
      The Kentucky Endicotts' Contribution in the War of 1812. Most of you should be aware of the memorial stone we put up in June, 2008 at the Poseyville Cemetery, Poseyville IN to honor those 6 Endicotts who served in the War of 1812 from Kentucky.

      2. As far as the New Jersey and Massachusetts boys. We are now working the MATRIX, similar to the one we did for the Kentucky Endicotts, to verify all of the various pieces of information that is researched and discovered. The matrix helps sort out all of the pieces that various folks have, some of which appears for now.to be obvious duplications and erroneous information. It is not in any too many instances that a valuable source document is mentioned like the John Endicott of Candada who served on the British side. Ancestry.com is not reliable, but a source to check and verify from a host of other sources. We will do what we can to check and verify more reliable and credible sources to help build the story on the Endicotts of New Jersey and Massachusetts who served also in the War of 1812.. The internet is one source, but not reliable or credible.

      We believe, for now, that we have the 6 New Jersey (War of 1812) Endicotts identified in the Endicott family and their descent from the Governor ---- 6th Generation.

      Anyone out there in Endicott land have any information ----- that has not been previously submitted ----- on any Endicotts in the War of 1812 and want to help with this research project???

      Gordon