Original Bible of Joseph Endicott and Anne Gilliam FOUND and in Good Hands............Cousin Matt Endicott

  • Gordon S. Harmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2011
      Hi Cousin Matt,
      Its great to have you as one of our NEW members for 2011. We have 11 new members and ALL are Endicotts except one in MA ---Cousin Susan Smith Petersen. However, Susan tells me that every generation in her Endicott line had (has the name Endicott in it ...on the male line).....That says alot about passing the rich Endicott heritage.
      You are telling us that you have the ORIGINAL Bible of Joseph and Anne Gillam Endicott? That is fantastic. It is referenced in the book by Mabel McFatridge McCloskey......Photos would be most welcome. In some of the Endicott papers at the NEHGS in Boston, I ran across a photo of this Bible, but it did not appear to include all of the pages. Another Cousin in Colorado has the original family Bible of Joseph and Rebecca Casey Endicott.
      Yes, when you can do any scans that would be fantastic and potentential new material for future newsletters. A feature on the Endicott Bibles would be a good one to do. We have the 5th Half Century of the Landing of John Endicott in the Endicott Family Library and Archives.
      Welcome to the Endicott Family Association