RE: [Endicott_Gen] Colon Cancer Gene Traced To British Couple

  • Frank Masland
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008

      Kyle,

      I read another article on the same subject. The couple were on the “John and Mary” of the Winthrop Fleet and were named Fry (or Frye) and I believe his name was George. Also they were the original source of only one genetically derived form of colon cancer, not all colon cancer.

      Frank

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008

        Sorry, the “John and Mary” was not part of the Winthrop Fleet, but I recall that was the ship mentioned in the article.

        Frank

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
          I read that it was part of Winthrop's fleet.

          Kyle

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
            Just got in from the farm. Catching up on this thread.

            The Mary and John was INDEED part of the Winthrop Fleet. The Mary and John (not John and Mary) made multiple trips to and fro carrying immigrants. I believe that (will need to look it up) that their were ownership connections of the Mary and John by Roger Ludlow.

            There is a Mary and John Clearinghouse based in Ohio. They have published a wonderful multiple volume series on some great research on the Mary and John. In one of the volumes it shows Elizabeth Cogan Gibson, widow, as a passenger. We know that date. I have several of the volumes that pertain to our work on Endicott research.

            My Richard Bidwell, unrelated to the Endicotts, was also a passenger on another trip on the Mary and John. Not the voyage with Elizabeth Cogan Gibson.

            Gordon

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
              The apparent year of the arrival was 1630 via the 'Mary & John.'.
              One list member has stated that the last name of the couple in
              question was Fry or Frye.  Anyone have details on this couple?
              I have attempted e-mail communication with the primary researcher
              of this article and will let you know if I receive a response.

              Kyle

              =========

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
                However,
                I find no record of a family with one of these last names
                on the lists of likely or probable or possible passenger
                lists for the 'Mary and John'  of 1630.

                Kyle