File - Description - Endicott Pear Tree Project - Update 9.11.07.doc

  • Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2007
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 1, 2007
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 1, 2007
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 1, 2008
            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 1, 2008
              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 1, 2008
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 1, 2008
                  File : Description - Endicott Pear Tree Project - Update 9.11.07.doc
                  Description : Endicott Pear Tree Project
                • Kyle Elwood
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 2, 2008
                    I have not received the ordered trees.  Anyone have
                    an update on this issue?

                    Kyle

                    Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                    File : Description - Endicott Pear Tree Project - Update 9.11.07.doc
                    Description : Endicott Pear Tree Project

                  • Gordon S. Harmon
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 2, 2008
                      In ref to the Endicott Pear Tree Project, here is the update. Sorry that I have not sent this out before now, but with the National Endicott Cousin Reunion just around the corner, we have been getting things organized for another great gathering of the Endicott Klan.

                      On this note, I encourage those on the Endicott Gen who are interested in attending, to send in their Registraton Forms now. We are down to D-30 days and counting for the deadline on the Registration Form and booking room reservations

                      I spoke to Cousin Cheryl Taylor a couple of weeks ago. She feels that the young and thriving Endicott Pear Trees in her nursery are NOT ready for shipment in the Spring, 2008 as originally thought. She would like to keep them in her nursery for one more year. She is the professional tree grower and she has been in constant consultation with Dr. Post of the Oregon State University Historic Tree Nursery. So, this means Spring, 2009. She did state that if those in the Pacific Northwest would like to get their trees, that would be fine with her. So, if you want to contact Cheryl  as I have offered before, please contact me direct and I will pass Cheryl's contact information.

                      I trust this answers the question.

                      Gordon S. Harmon

                        Message 11 of 30 , Apr 3, 2008
                          According to Cheryl, it is best and all is well for the little trees in her nursery. Remember the resilence of the original one in Danvers, MA on Orchard Farm. Its been through alot since ca. 1633 or so and thrives to this day. That, in itself speaks volumes representing the very Governor John Endecott who planted it so long ago.

                          When they are shipped and planted in many locations around the USA, our Endicott heritage will continue to thrive. We have recently received orders from the Endicott Summer Home groundskeeper in Danvers. Several other historical sites have orderrd the trees and several botanical gardens through Endicott Cousins.

                          Its not to late to put your order in for one of the Endicott Pear Trees. See the Description in the Files Section here on the Endicott Gen.

                          Speaking of which, we have prepared what I think is a very good powerpoint presentation on Governor Endecott: John Endecott, Some Early Exploits, His Voyage to the Massachusetts Bay and Beyond. It will be presented at the 4th Endicott Cousin Reunion. This is being done to celebrate the 380th Anniversary of the arrival of John Endecott in Naumkeag, 1628 --- now, Salem, MA.

                           Also, we have another powerpoint with 43 slides on the Endicotts Contribution in the War of 1812. This one will be used in the Roundtable Discusson on Saturday, June 14.

                          Should anyone be interested in either or both powerpoints, contact me at gsharmon10@.... They will be available, post the 4th Endicott Cousin Reunion.

                          Gordon

                          Message 12 of 30 , Apr 3, 2008
                            Thanks for the update Gordon and thanks to Cousin Cheryl for continuing to nurture the trees.
                            Cousin Becky looking at the Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia

                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 3, 2008
                              I have confidence in Cousin Cheryl who graciously volunteered to take on this historic project for those of us interested. She grows walnut trees for a living. Her consultations with Dr. Post of Oregon State University (he is the one who has visited the Endicott Pear Tree in Danvers and got cuttings for the Historic Nursery Tree Program at OSU) is a good thing. Between the two of them, we should allow them to do what is right. Not what is expedient.  I think that the Governor would be proud.

                              Gordon
                              "Looking Up at Raining Missouri - The Show Me State"

                              Thanks for the update Gordon and thanks to Cousin Cheryl for continuing to nurture the trees.
                              Cousin Becky looking at the Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia

                              I have not received the ordered trees.  Anyone have
                              an update on this issue?

                              Kyle

                              Endicott_Gen@ yahoogroups. com wrote:

                              File : Description - Endicott Pear Tree Project - Update 9.11.07.doc
                              Description : Endicott Pear Tree Project

                            • Mary-Etta LeMasters-Bergman
                              Message 14 of 30 , Apr 11, 2008
                                   I agree with y'all,  I would rather waite another year than have anything happen to it..   Don't get me wrong.. I can't waite to see it growing in my yard to enjoy, But I can't enjoy it if it's not a healthy, Hearty tree.. Great worl Cheryl..

                                Cousin  Nancy
                                From the Okie State

                                To: Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com
                                From: gsharmon10@...
                                Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 18:44:51 -0500

                                Message 15 of 30 , May 1, 2008
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jun 1, 2008
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jul 1 5:19 AM
                                      File : Description - Endicott Pear Tree Project - Update 9.11.07.doc
                                      Description : Endicott Pear Tree Project
                                    • Katherine Williams
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jul 1 2:44 PM
                                        Please remove me from your list.
                                        Thank you

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Jul 1 3:14 PM
                                          Katherine.

                                          As you willl note, that message was sent to the Endicott Gen a yahoo discussion group that you are signed on to. If you wish, you will need to remove yourself from the list. Not sure. But you signed on and will need to remove yourself and hit the delete button on unwanted mail. How is Dallas Lee Endicott?

                                          Gordon

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 1, 2008
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Sep 1, 2008
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Oct 1, 2008
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Nov 1, 2008
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Dec 1, 2008
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jan 1, 2009
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jan 3, 2009
                                                        I've asked before to be removed from your list,but still getting lots of mail.. So I am asking again to please remove my name from your list.
                                                        Thank you, Katherine Williams

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Jan 3, 2009
                                                          Kathryn

                                                          As I have said before, you will need to remove yourself. Just look on the home page at the botton on the HOW TO. Its that easy. In the meantime, please give Cousin Dallas Lee ENDICOTT as best regards.

                                                          Gordon

                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Feb 1, 2009
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Mar 1, 2009
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Apr 5, 2009