Re: [Endicott_Gen] Kenneth and Laura Endicott b in Kalispell, Montana

  • Kyle Elwood
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
      Well, here's some details on these Endicotts.....

      Let me know if you have anything to add or correct to what is
      shown below.

      =============================

      Kenneth F. Endicott
      Born: August 30, 1915
      Died:  October 21, 2001 at 86 years of age in Lincoln county, Montana
      Deasth certificate index number: 6390
      Last residence:
      Libby, Lincoln county, Montana, USA 59923
      Social Security Number: 532-10-9733; year issued: before 1951 in Washington state
      Source: Montana Genealogical Society, Social Security Death Index and Montana Death
      Index, 1907-2002

      U.S. Public Records Index, record # 45018275 (city directories: Troy, Montana):

      From 1993 to 1998, Kenneth F. Endicott lived at:

      237 W. Larch St
      Libby, Montana 59923-2620
      Phone: 406-293-5327

      From 1998 until their deaths,  Kenneth and his wife, Laura, lived at:

      55 Savage Lake Rd W.
      Troy, Montana 59935-9648
      Phone #: 406-295-2706

      1930 federal census:  Spokane, Spokane county, Washington:
      Kenneth Endicott was age 14.  He was living with his father, Charles O. Endicott, age 38,
      and his mother, Cora, age 40.  Also living with them was his brother, Donald, age 13.
      Charles O. Endicott was born about 1892 in Illinois.

      1920 federal census: Spokane, Spokane county, Washington:
      Kenneth Endicott, age 4, is listed with his parents, Charles O. Endicott (spelled Challer O.),
      age 28, his mother, Cora, age 31, and his brother, Donald, age 2 yrs 6 months.
      Charles O. Endicott was born in Illinois and Cora was born in Kansas.  Kenneth was
      born in Washington.

      World War I Draft Registration (1917-1918):

      Charles Oscar Endicott, born: August 8, 1892 in Millsholes, Illinois.  Currently living
      in Shoshone county, Idaho.  Ethnicity: white

      1910 federal census:  Spokane Ward 4, Spokane county, Washington
      Charles Endicott, age 17, born about 1893, born in Illinois, living with his father,
      J. W. Endicott, age 47, mother, Lilly, age 42, sister, Effie, age 22, brother, Adolph, age
      19,  sisters, Glenna, age 15, and Laura, age 11,  brother, Lee, age 8, and sister, Ella, age 3.
      Also living there was J. W. Endicott's nephew, Frank Fenton, age 27, who was born in
      Illinois as was his parents.

      1900 federal census:  Mill Schoals Township, White county, Illinois
      Charlie Endicott, age 7, born August 1892, was living with his father, Westly Endicott, age 39,
      (a farmer) born September 1860, mother, Rilla (Lilly), age 32, born April 1867, sister, Effie, age
      12, born December 1887, brother, Dolp (Adolph), age 9, born July 1881,  sisters, Glena (Glenna),
      age 5, born December 1895, and Katie, age 3, born January 1897, and Laura, age 1, born March
      1899.

      Living next door to them is Westly Endicott's parents, Moses (a framer) and Sallie Endicott.  Moses was
      age 61 and was born in February 1839 in Indiana.  Sallie was age 68 and was born in October 1831 in
      Indiana.  Living with Moses and Sallie are their son, Harry, age 26 (a framer laborer) born January 1874
      in Indiana, and daughter, Bertha, age 16, born July 1884 in Indiana.

      Living next door to Moses and Sallie Endicott is their son, Thomas (a farmer), age 24, born March 1876
      in Indiana, and his wife, Nana D., age 22, born August 1878 in Illinois.

      1880 federal census:  Smith Township, Posey county, Indiana.
      Wesley J. Endicott, age 19, born in Indiana, is living with his parents, Moses, age 41 (farmer) and Sally E.,
      age 39.  Also in the home are brothers and sisters: Joseph N., age 16, Catharine M., age 14, Sidney, age
      11, Harry, age 6, and Thomas C., age 4.  All children were born in Inidana.

      1870 federal census:  Smith Township, Posey county, Indiana.
      Moses Endicott (a farmer), age 31, born in Indiana,  is listed with his wife, Sarah E. (Sally), age 29, born
      in Indiana, with children, John W., age 9, Jospeh N., age 6, Mary C., age 4, and Sebylla B., 1 year and
      7 months.  All children born in Indiana.  Another Endicott family is living next door.

      1850 federal census.  Smith Township, Posey county, Indiana.
      Moses Endicott, age 11, born in Indiana, is listed as living with his parents, James Endicott (farmer), age 39,
      and Mary, age 32, and his siblings, James, age 15, Rebecca, age 13, Joseph, age 9, Alfred, age 7, Jesse,
      age 3, and Williams, age 1.  All children were born in Indiana.

      Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family.  Henry C. (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
      brother.   Jane was age 41.  The family's children present at the time were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
      Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10, Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6,  Casey,
      age 5, and Sarah E., age 2.  Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and other Endicotts.

      1920 federal census.  Mill Shoals, White county, Illinois.
      Moses M. Endicott, age 80 years, born in Indiana, widower is listed as the father-in-law to head-of-household and is living
      with head-of-housefold, Walter Smith, age 57, and his daughter, Bertha (Endicott) Smith, age 35, born in Indiana.  Also
      living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 months, born in Illinois.

      Kyle Elwood
      List Co-moderator

      =======================

      Christina Scott wrote:

      Hi Kyle, Gordon and all Endicott cousins;

      In volunteering to take headstone photos for Find A Grave, I ran across these Endicotts buried in the Conrad Memorial Cemetery, Kalispell, Montana, Section G:

      Kenneth F. b 30 Aug 1915 d 21 Oct 2001

      Laura C. b 26 Mar 1915 d 21 Nov 2001

      I have no further information on this couple, but if they belong to any of the Endicott cousins and need a lookup here in Kalispell, let me know.

      Christina Scott

      PS. Kyle, I need to rejoin the Howard forum, can you resent me details please...thanks.

    • Kyle Elwood
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        Well, here's some details on these Endicotts.....

        Let me know if you have anything to add or correct to what is
        shown below.

        =============================

        Kenneth F. Endicott
        Born: August 30, 1915
        Died:  October 21, 2001 at 86 years of age in Lincoln county, Montana
        Deasth certificate index number: 6390
        Last residence:
        Libby, Lincoln county, Montana, USA 59923
        Social Security Number: 532-10-9733; year issued: before 1951 in Washington state
        Source: Montana Genealogical Society, Social Security Death Index and Montana Death
        Index, 1907-2002

        U.S. Public Records Index, record # 45018275 (city directories: Troy, Montana):

        >From 1993 to 1998, Kenneth F. Endicott lived at:

        237 W. Larch St
        Libby, Montana 59923-2620
        Phone: 406-293-5327

        >From 1998 until their deaths,  Kenneth and his wife, Laura, lived
        at:

[...]

        living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 years, born in Illinois about 1912.

        Kyle Elwood
        List Co-moderator

        =======================

        Christina Scott wrote:

        Hi Kyle, Gordon and all Endicott cousins;

        In volunteering to take headstone photos for Find A Grave, I ran across these Endicotts buried in the Conrad Memorial Cemetery, Kalispell, Montana, Section G:

        Kenneth F. b 30 Aug 1915 d 21 Oct 2001

        Laura C. b 26 Mar 1915 d 21 Nov 2001

        I have no further information on this couple, but if they belong to any of the Endicott cousins and need a lookup here in Kalispell, let me know.

        Christina Scott

        PS. Kyle, I need to rejoin the Howard forum, can you resent me details please...thanks.

      • Christina Scott
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
          Hmmm ... interesting stuff Kyle. Troy and Libby are about a three to four hour drive from here. Both places have their own burial grounds. There is a Charles Endicott listed in the Kalispell directory so I wonder if he’s their son. Also, it’s interesting to note that they passed away within a month of each other. I’ll do some digging in our archives to see if I can find their obituaries.

          Are the Harmons listed by the Endicotts in Posey Gordon’s Harmons?

          Chris

          Kyle Elwood <kreede@...> wrote:
> [...]

          age 3, and Williams, age 1. All children were born in Indiana.

          Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family. Henry C.
          (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
          brother. Jane was age 41. The family's children present at the time
          were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
          Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10,
          Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6, Casey,
          age 5, and Sarah E., age 2. Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and
          other Endicotts.

          1920 federal census. Mill Shoals, White county, Illinois.
          Moses M. Endicott, age 80 years, born in Indiana, widower is listed as
          the father-in-law to head-of-household and is living
          with head-of-housefold, Walter Smith, age 57, and his daughter, Bertha
          (Endicott) Smith, age 35, born in Indiana. Also
          living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 years,

          List Co-moderator

          =======================

          Christina Scott wrote:

          > Hi Kyle, Gordon and all Endicott cousins;
          >

          > In volunteering to take headstone photos for Find A Grave, I ran
          > across these Endicotts buried in the Conrad Memorial Cemetery,
          > Kalispell, Montana, Section G:
          >

          > Kenneth F. b 30 Aug 1915 d 21 Oct 2001
          >
          > Laura C. b 26 Mar 1915 d 21 Nov 2001
          >

          > I have no further information on this couple, but if they belong to
          > any of the Endicott cousins and need a lookup here in Kalispell, let
          > me know.
          >

          > Christina Scott
          >

          > PS. Kyle, I need to rejoin the Howard forum, can you resent me details
          > please...thanks.

        • Gordon S. Harmon
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
            What Harmons listed by the Endicotts and where? Are you referring to a cemetery? My Wilson Harmon m. Elizabeth ENDICOTT, dau of Joseph Nation Endicott in Posey County in 1851, but they migrated on to Indian Territory, now Oklahoma.

            GSH

            ============ ========= ========

> [...]

            age 3, and Williams, age 1. All children were born in Indiana.

            Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family. Henry C.
            (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
            brother. Jane was age 41. The family's children present at the time
            were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
            Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10,
            Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6, Casey,
            age 5, and Sarah E., age 2. Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and
            other Endicotts.

            1920 federal census. Mill Shoals, White county, Illinois.
            Moses M. Endicott, age 80 years, born in Indiana, widower is listed as
            the father-in-law to head-of-household and is living
            with head-of-housefold, Walter Smith, age 57, and his daughter, Bertha
            (Endicott) Smith, age 35, born in Indiana. Also
            living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 years,

            List Co-moderator

            ============ ========= ==

            Christina Scott wrote:

            > Hi Kyle, Gordon and all Endicott cousins;
            >

            > In volunteering to take headstone photos for Find A Grave, I ran
            > across these Endicotts buried in the Conrad Memorial Cemetery,
            > Kalispell, Montana, Section G:
            >

            > Kenneth F. b 30 Aug 1915 d 21 Oct 2001
            >
            > Laura C. b 26 Mar 1915 d 21 Nov 2001
            >

            > I have no further information on this couple, but if they belong to
            > any of the Endicott cousins and need a lookup here in Kalispell, let
            > me know.
            >

            > Christina Scott
            >

            > PS. Kyle, I need to rejoin the Howard forum, can you resent me details
            > please...thanks.
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------

          • Christina Scott
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
              Hi Gordon,

              If you look down at the 1850 census, Kyle said there was a Harmon, plus a couple of more, families living by the Endicotts this family belongs to. Are they yours? This family is from Posey, Indiana (or his ancestors were anyway).

              Chris

              "Gordon S. Harmon" <gsharmon10@...> wrote:
> [...]

              age 3, and Williams, age 1. All children were born in Indiana.

              Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family. Henry C.
              (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
              brother. Jane was age 41. The family's children present at the time
              were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
              Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10,
              Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6, Casey,
              age 5, and Sarah E., age 2. Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and
              other Endicotts.

              1920 federal census. Mill Shoals, White county, Illinois.
              Moses M. Endicott, age 80 years, born in Indiana, widower is listed as
              the father-in-law to head-of-household and is living
              with head-of-housefold, Walter Smith, age 57, and his daughter, Bertha
              (Endicott) Smith, age 35, born in Indiana. Also
              living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 years,

              List Co-moderator

              ============ ========= ==

              Christina Scott wrote:

              > Hi Kyle, Gordon and all Endicott cousins;
              >

              > In volunteering to take headstone photos for Find A Grave, I ran
              > across these Endicotts buried in the Conrad Memorial Cemetery,
              > Kalispell, Montana, Section G:
              >

              > Kenneth F. b 30 Aug 1915 d 21 Oct 2001
              >
              > Laura C. b 26 Mar 1915 d 21 Nov 2001
              >

              > I have no further information on this couple, but if they belong to
              > any of the Endicott cousins and need a lookup here in Kalispell, let
              > me know.
              >

              > Christina Scott
              >

              > PS. Kyle, I need to rejoin the Howard forum, can you resent me details
              > please...thanks.
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------

            • Kyle Elwood
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
                Gordon:  In the 1850 federal census: Smith Township, Posey county, Indiana

                Lucy Harmon, age 31, Head of household
                Sarah J. Harmon, age 17
                James L. Harmon, age 15
                Mary L. Harmon, age 14
                Martha A. Harmon, age 11
                Susan Harmon, age 10
                Joseph W. Harmon, age 7
                John R. Harmon, age 5
                Simon G. Harmon, age 3

                All of the above born in Indiana

                Next door: (these look like Harmons on the move)

                Andrew Harmon, age 31, H of H, born in Kentucky
                Elizabeth Harmon, age 25, born in Indiana
                Ewing Harmon, age 25, born in Indiana
                William Harmon, age 55, born in North Carolina
                John Harmon, age 23, born in Indiana
                Bailey Harmon, age 16, born in Indiana

                All of these Harmons lived a few houses down from the Endicotts
                and next door to the Nesbits

                1850 federal census. Smith Township, Posey county, Indiana.
                Moses Endicott, age 11, born in Indiana, is listed as living with his
                parents, James Endicott (farmer), age 39,
                and Mary, age 32, and his siblings, James, age 15, Rebecca, age 13,
                Joseph, age 9, Alfred, age 7, Jesse,
                age 3, and Williams, age 1. All children were born in Indiana.

                Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family. Henry C.
                (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
                brother. Jane was age 41. The family's children present at the time
                were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
                Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10,
                Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6, Casey,
                age 5, and Sarah E., age 2. Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and
                other Endicotts.

                Kyle

                Gordon S. Harmon wrote:

> [...]

                age 3, and Williams, age 1. All children were born in Indiana.

                Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family. Henry C.
                (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
                brother. Jane was age 41. The family's children present at the time
                were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
                Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10,
                Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6, Casey,
                age 5, and Sarah E., age 2. Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and
                other Endicotts.

                1920 federal census. Mill Shoals, White county, Illinois.
                Moses M. Endicott, age 80 years, born in Indiana, widower is listed as
                the father-in-law to head-of-household and is living
                with head-of-housefold, Walter Smith, age 57, and his daughter, Bertha
                (Endicott) Smith, age 35, born in Indiana. Also
                living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 years,

                List Co-moderator

                ============ ========= ==

                Christina Scott wrote:

                > Hi Kyle, Gordon and all Endicott cousins;
                >

                > In volunteering to take headstone photos for Find A Grave, I ran
                > across these Endicotts buried in the Conrad Memorial Cemetery,
                > Kalispell, Montana, Section G:
                >

                > Kenneth F. b 30 Aug 1915 d 21 Oct 2001
                >
                > Laura C. b 26 Mar 1915 d 21 Nov 2001
                >

                > I have no further information on this couple, but if they belong to
                > any of the Endicott cousins and need a lookup here in Kalispell, let
                > me know.
                >

                > Christina Scott
                >

                > PS. Kyle, I need to rejoin the Howard forum, can you resent me details
                > please...thanks.
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------

              • Gordon S. Harmon
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 3, 2007
                  Thanks, Kyle. I dont know if any of the Indiana Harmons shown in 1850 are mine. My Harmons were over in Gibson County, IN in 1850. But, I hope to do a census study....1820-1830-1840-1850-1860 in Posey and Gibson Counties Indiana in the near future on the Harmons. This will include the Endicotts. We have a decent census study of the Endicotts in Smith and Robb Townships primarily during the time period 1820-1850 in Indiana. This is included in the article - Thomas Endicott, The Pioneer Patriarch. It also shows the Endicotts still in Kentucky during the same time period. This is an effort to study the Endicott family, all related to the Pioneer Patriarch. Thomas Endicott.

                  GSH

> [...]

                  age 3, and Williams, age 1. All children were born in Indiana.

                  Living next door is the Henry C. and Jane Endicott family. Henry C.
                  (farmer), age 41, was James Endicott's
                  brother. Jane was age 41. The family's children present at the time
                  were Melinda, age 20, James, age 18,
                  Nancy, age 16, Mary Ann, age 14, Patrick, age 12, Elizabeth, age 10,
                  Henry, age 9, Rebecca, age 6, Casey,
                  age 5, and Sarah E., age 2. Living nearby were the Nesbits, Harmons and
                  other Endicotts.

                  1920 federal census. Mill Shoals, White county, Illinois.
                  Moses M. Endicott, age 80 years, born in Indiana, widower is listed as
                  the father-in-law to head-of-household and is living
                  with head-of-housefold, Walter Smith, age 57, and his daughter, Bertha
                  (Endicott) Smith, age 35, born in Indiana. Also
                  living here is the child of Walter and Bertha, Cameron C., age 8 years,

                  List Co-moderator