I thought you might enjoy this...

  • Kyle Elwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Ellsworth American 1/1891 to 12/1891
      <http://www.mnopltd.com/jean/her191-1291.html>

      /DECEMBER 31, 1891/

      In the obituaries:

      /Resolutions of Disrespect/

      /WHEREAS our not so hotsy-totsy sister, SUSANNAH PERSIS FLUETTA
      WUSSENER, has seen fit to depart this life, having done so by running
      headlong into a hurricane off Killdeer Point without benefit of oars in
      her skiff (never having had both oars in the water during her earthly
      life), therefore, be it/

      /RESOLVED that we, the remaining and happy as clams members of the
      circle, do solemnly swear that we will henceforth enjoy being able to
      promote at least one idea per meeting without having to listen to 25
      minutes of her opposing guff,/

      /RESOLVED that we will deck the halls with boughs of holly for the next
      12 years in her memory, and/

      /RESOLVED that the surviving members of her jubilant family will receive
      a hearty handshake when meeting circle members anywhere on the street
      and, time permitting, will be dragged off to the nearest bar for a
      healthy snort, courtesy of the SU-PER-FLU-WUS Memorial Trust Fund./

      /-- signed a bunch of cowards/