Endicott family research

  • Vanelda Mellblom
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      My McAfee says there is a potential virus in the attachments you
      just posted. Is that probably because of the same heading? Will
      wait to open until you OK them. Van
    • Gordon S. Harmon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007

        Hi Joan

        Thanks for the tip on the broken link.

        Is your husband the Endicott descendant or is that you?

        Your information does not ring any bells at the moment, but I am going to refer this to our Endicott Gen, an Endicott research forum with some 75 Endicott Cousins sharing some great research. If you would like to join us there, please let me know and I will send the details on how to sign up.

        Gordon S. Harmon

        President

        Endecott-Endicott Family Association, Inc.

        www.endecott-endicott.com

        Springfield, MO

        From: "Joan Schacht" <jeschacht@...>
        To: <gsharmon10@...>
        Subject: Endicott family research
        Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:29:52 -0600

        Dear Gordon
        I found your email in the New England Ancestors magazine and have looked at your web site but couldn't find what I was looking for. The Perrin link to KY was not working by the way.

        Anyway, my husbands great grandmother Clara Schreiber reported that her mother was Caroline Endicott. Clara was reportedly born in Brighton-Howe England (no proof) and her mother was born in MA, married a Joseph Howard an English sea captain.  Around 1854, Caroline died at sea and Clara's father brought her to New York under the guardianship of a relative, John Endicott, who resided at 32 Charlton New York NY. 1870 Census shows John Endicott was born in MA.  Clara said her mother was born in MA. (no proof) He sent Clara to Scott County KY to live with his childless sister Mrs. Georgetta Sullivan.

        That is all the information I have and have been stuck finding any information on Caroline Endicott. I do not have her birth date but Clara was her first child so I would guess she was born in the early 1830's.

        Any help you might be able to offer or if you know of a researcher who might be familiar with this family that I might hire.

        Thank you

        Sincerely
        Joan Schacht