4597Re: [Endicott_Gen] Subject: Gordon Stewart Harmon

  • Elaine Clayton
    Jul 30, 2014
      Kyle-- such sad and shocking news.
      I will keep Gordon and his family in my prayers. He contributed so much to our collective knowledge of our Endecott ancestors.
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 30, 2014, at 8:11 AM, "Kyle Elwood kreede@... [Endicott_Gen]" <Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It is with sad news, that I write to you today, that Gordon has passed away.  Gordon was
      struggling as of late with lung cancer.  He recently had lung surgery and was seeing Doctors
      to fight and recover from the cancer.  He lost the fight on July 13th, 2014.

      Gordon Stewart Harmon

      Born - December 27, 1944, Mena AR

      Deceased - July 13th, 2014, Springfield MO

      Al Tesney and Gordon's brother (Kenneth Eugene Harmon) are making arrangements for
      Funeral services.  As soon as those arrangements are finalized, I'll send out a notice.
      Gordon's passion, for the last many many years of his life, was History and Genealogy.
      He researched tirelessly and contributed greatly to the Cenotto, Endicott, and Harmon
      Family archives.  He was instrumental in setting up the Harmon Family Scholarship fund,
      in Honor of his Grandfather.  If you would like to make a donation to that fund in remembrance
      of Gordon, Please do so by mailing it to:

      Empire Bank

      PO Box 3397

      Springfield, MO,  65808

      Make Check Payable to: