4573Re: [Endicott_Gen] An Endicott Legend to Re-consider

  • Carrie Deal
    Mar 5, 2014
      Hello ,cousin Gordon

      I am sorry to have called you Harmon. I don't know what iI was thinking. I will blame it on lack of sleep.

      I will get the family tree info off of ancestry and get it to you ASAP. I plan to have the DNA test thru ancestry for testing of Ethnic Origins. What are your thoughts on accuracy of this testing?
      Thank for the link.   I will read the article on a Thomas Endecote. It is so exciting to know that you are in touch with a Endecott in Devon and have a British born researcher / genealogist.

      I am not British born. I was using my descendant origin of Our common cousin Gov John Endecott. I am sorry if I offended you. Please forgive me.

      Cousin Carrie

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 5, 2014, at 1:55 AM, "Gordon S. Harmon" <gsharmon10@...> wrote:

      Hello, again Carrie

      I normally go by my first name, Gordon

      I personally have never heard of what you say you have found on Ancestry.com. I always use caution on anything I see online unless it has solid citations. What I do find online, I usually put in the "clue" category of research and try to flesh it out.

      Perhaps, in the meantime if you would send this to me at
      gsharmon10@... I am happy to take a look at it and possibly pass it on to others to look at too.

      I invite you to go to our Endecott-Endicott Family Association, Inc. website at
      www.endecott-endicott.com  There, right on the home page...as previously mentioned....you will find our most recent Journal - Our Endicott Heritage Trail Winter, 2014 Volume 9 No. 1. Please read the feature articles Thomas Endecott of Stokeinteighnead and the Enigma of Marldon. There is alot there to absorb. We are pretty comfortable with the family charts you will find in this issue of the Journal. We spent fevorishly most of 2013 working on this research that generated these two articles. Part of that work was a research trip to London and Devon at the Devon Archival Centre in October, 2013. I really think a follow up trip is warranted.

      To this end (but the research journey continues), we commissioned a British born reseacher based in Utah who is an AG (Accredited Genealogist). Among many things at her disposal are British experts (both in the new world at the FHL and the old world --- England) that she has and continues to consult with on our behalf. We continue to be engaged with her now for Round 5 of our research. You will find all previous rounds #1-#4 contained in the Appendix also on our website. We are also well engaged with an Endacott in Devon right now. ENJOY the Journal!!!! I hope others are too. Comments are always welcomed and encouraged. We handle constructive criticism well too.

      Are you British born or are you using your descendancy given rights with English origins of our common ancestor: Gov. Jo. Endecott (1588-1665)?

      Cousin
      Gordon

      To: Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com
      From: carrioki@...
      Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 01:21:43 -0500
      Subject: Re: [Endicott_Gen] An Endicott Legend to Re-consider

      You are very welcome Cousin Harmon . After all it is the proper thing to do and we are English lol.i have an ancestry account and have been able to trace the Endecott family tree back to Johanna's Endecott and Alicia De Moyels and from the back to Rollo Viking it is showing he was married to Poppa De ? . Her tree goes back to Charlemagne the Holy Roman Emperor. Do you know if this true?

      Cheerio,

      Sorry I can't stop talking in an English accent etc it's driving my husband nuts. Ha ha !

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 4, 2014, at 10:00 PM, "Gordon S. Harmon" <gsharmon10@...> wrote:

      Nice to have your response Cousin Carrie. Thank you too. I  often wonder what has happened to all the others here on the GEN.

      Cousin
      Gordon

      To: Endicott_Gen@yahoogroups.com
      From: carrioki@...
      Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 20:32:36 -0500

      Thank you !

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 4, 2014, at 3:50 AM, "Gordon S. Harmon" <gsharmon10@...> wrote:

      Did you know that Governor John Endecott (1588-1665) was NOT married to Anne Gower?

      It's another family legend just like the legend that the Governor was buried at King's Chapel. This legend began as early as 1847 as reported in the NEHGS Register.

      Be watching for: Family Legends and the Search for Anne Gower to appear in the next issue of the Journal-Our Endicott Heritage Trail to be released in the Summer, 2014.

      Finally, if you are not aware, the Journal is now an e-Journal and has been on our website for several weeks. www.endecott-endicott.com It is no longer a printed copy (due to cost) with the exception of a few that have been sent hard copy to selected major libraries and archives for a historical and genealogical record. If you have not seen and read the Winter, 2014 Vol. 9 No. 2 Journal, we hope you enjoy it. Also, be sure to check out the companion Appendix also on the website.

      Gordon S. Harmon
      Springfield, MO

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic