Nov 2 meeting

  • kenduskeagstream
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      Quick reminder for people -

      Wednesday we will have a meeting at the Sharing Place in Orono at
      6:00. We are prepping and cooking stuff for Bare Blade. Please bring
      a couple of bucks for pizza!
    • James Lang
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        Could you give us the address again please.

        --- kenduskeagstream <kenduskeagstream@...>
        wrote:

        > Quick reminder for people -
        >
        > Wednesday we will have a meeting at the Sharing
        > Place in Orono at
        > 6:00. We are prepping and cooking stuff for Bare
        > Blade. Please bring
        > a couple of bucks for pizza!

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • ladybrynmillar
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
          I can't make the meeting / cookathon tonight. I have to work with my
          fencers so they can be prepared for Bare Blade on saturday. I'll have
          to help them warm up during the morning fencing authorization times so
          my time to help with setting up the dayboard may not be there.

          Regarding food at Bare Blade, I have a few questions.

          1) What is the menu? Do we need feast gear or will paper products be
          provided? I heard the format was to serve finger foods, so I'm
          thinking we might be able to manage with a napkin or paper plate. I
          ask because my fencers don't have feast gear and I don't want to
          generate a mess by bringing gear we need to wash or be too
          inappropriate with paper plates (though I think they are practical).

          2) What does cooking guild need to bring for set up of dayboard? (I
          might be able to lend a tablecloth or food "props").

          As an FYI, I'd like to mention that in past years I discovered that as
          a non profit group we can get free paper cups and napkins from Burger
          King in Old Town or Shop and Save if we visit them in advance. We get
          paper products with their logo on it, but it's free (helps the food
          budget stretch).

          We used to provide paper plates, napkins, and cups with large trash
          cans easily visible. Those who would bring feast gear would often put
          down a paper plate on top of their wooden plate, which helped with
          keeping the bathrooms neater when we cleaned at the end of the day
          since they weren't dumping gunk down the sinks or plugging the
          toilets.

          If the guild is planning to use store bought italian bread (like for
          sandwiches), I know from past experience that the Old Town Shop and
          Save would let me place an order for freshly baked bread which I used
          to pick up the morning of the event (baked that morning and still
          warm!). I know the guild may be doing a lot of cooking from scratch,
          but it's good to know that these little conveniences are available if
          you just ask a day or two ahead of time.

          I may be able to stop by the meeting tonight after fencing practice if
          it isn't too late.

          Bryn

          --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "kenduskeagstream"
          <kenduskeagstream@y...> wrote:

          > Quick reminder for people -
          >
          > Wednesday we will have a meeting at the Sharing Place in Orono at
          > 6:00. We are prepping and cooking stuff for Bare Blade. Please
          bring
          > a couple of bucks for pizza!

        • kenduskeagstream
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2005
            I'm sorry James and Bryn and possibly Chris won't be able to make
            the meeting. I'm sure we will manage to cook stuff without you, but
            we will miss your company.

            Just in case anyone needs directions again:

            It will be at 37 Boulder Dr in Talmar Woods in Orono. Take Rt 2 in
            Orono to Rangely Pl. This is the road near the Maine Center for the
            Arts parking lot. Once on Rangely, take your first right. This is
            before Public Safety. Quite honestly, I am a bit vague at that
            point, but there are only about two roads in this area. (If I recall
            correctly, I turned left a the T intersection and found the
            Community center ahead of me and slightly to the left.) You are
            going to the Sharing Place, a daycare set up in the Community
            Center. Adrianna will be there at 5:30 for schmoozing, but the
            meeting won't officially start until 6:00.

            The Sharing Place
            37 Boulder Drive (Talmar Woods)
            Wednesday October 19
            starting around 5:30-6:00