Kitchen at the Community Center

  • whtscarf@juno.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 24, 2013
      Greetings all,

      So, on our way home last night from the Service University we got into a conversation about "wasted space" at our practice sites. It occurred to us that the kitchen at the Community Center almost never gets used, except for the occasional revel we hold there, and maybe as a daycare center when we're practicing inside. That being said, is there any reason we couldn't have a monthly meeting of the Cook's Guild there during practice? There's been next to no activity here lately, and the winter months are the perfect time to get ourselves moving again. Any thoughts? Discuss!

      Frasier
      5 Ways to LOWER blood sugar
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/52921ba19a7af1ba10e3est01vuc
    • Jason

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 24, 2013
            And Gwillim leads me into the next part of this!  On the weeks the Cook's Guild isn't using the kitchen, why couldn't one of the other Guilds or interest groups get together to use it?  There are two big tables in there and plenty of space to put chairs around it, its a great project/meeting space.  We should be taking ruthless advantage of all this space we have, folks, lets get after it!

               Frasier

            P.S: And Neville, I think noodles are a great start, do you have some recipes you'd like to share, and maybe organize the first get-together?  Maybe send something out for everyone to put their own spin on, and we can all get together in the kitchen and whatnot?

[...]

            info.fixyourbloodsugar.com
          • L T
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 24, 2013
              We should clarify what our agreement was for use of the community center (within our own group). We definitely asked for the gym portion - I don't know that regular use of the kitchen for cooking projects was ever discussed with our contact person there (or would necessarily be a problem). Godric and Otto might know what our original arrangements were.

              If we can announcement project sessions in advance for that location, I'd be happy to promote them on the website calendar and through other social media.

              Lisa

              To: Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com
              Cc: Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com

              Date: 11/17/13

              Do THIS
              before eating carbs (every time)
              1 EASY tip to increase
              fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
              info.fixyourbloodsugar.com
            • Andrea

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013
                      Sounds good to me.  Just double check the calendar and make sure there are practices taking place when you want to do it.  If there are no practices, there won't be anyone there, and I don't think we can get in for just the kitchen.  I know the holidays is a tough time to bring this all up, but I am hoping to have the bug in everyone's minds so when the time does come available, we can all plan for it.  Nevell, noodles and games sounds great.  I know there are two full size refrigerators and two 4 burner electric stoves, as well as a large two well sink.  Lots of counter and table space too.

                         Frasier

                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013

                        Why didn't we think of this sooner?

                        Anne

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013

                          I've got no time to spare between now and the New Year, so feel free to plan around me and the upcoming revel the first weekend of December.

                          I'd also ask that if this is going to turn into a monthly spaghetti feed and gaming night that you consider doing it under the guise of a gaming club and not Endewearde's Cooks' Guild.  Over the past couple of years, we've tried to keep it at least slightly period/educational.  Just a thought.

                          Gwillim

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013
                            I don't believe anyone suggested we do that.  If I read the thread correctly the idea here is to get as many of Endewearde's guilds/groups together on a regular basis as possible.  I certainly do apologize if anywhere here that idea was conveyed, it most definitely wasn't the idea.

                               Frasier

                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013
                              Well, actually, Nevell did.  He wrote, "I'm thinking noodles and games."  If folks want to get together for that sort of thing, it's perfectly fine.  But my point is let's not derail the Cooks' Guild and turn it into a gaming club.

                              Gwillim

                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 25, 2013
                                Ah, I see it now.  I mistook "games" for game meat sort of thing, not game games.  I actually agree with Gwillim here, in that case.  I really do think this should be a get together of the various guilds and groups we have in the Barony for the purposes they represent.  If people want to do the games thing, awesome, I love the idea of more people getting together, but the guild meetings should be for that guild's purpose.  Does that sound more accurate?

                                   Frasier

                                Date: 11/17/13

                                Do THIS
                                before eating carbs (every time)
                                1 EASY tip to increase
                                fat-burning, lower blood sugar decrease fat storage
                                info.fixyourbloodsugar.com

                                How to Sleep Like a Rock
                                peaklife.com