Greetings

  • Emile & Irene
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2012
      It seems appropriate to drop in and say; hello!

      I am very new to the SCA. So far I've done a fair amount of reading and have found so many things that would be interesting to try. At the moment I'm research culture's that interest me the most so I can begin to develop a persona.

      Why is it that so many of them are amazing?

      It is so difficult to pick one; although I'd prefer to find something slightly uncommon, but not so unique that I can't find proper historical reference or it takes lots of time spent with my nose in dusty tomes.

      I live in Belgrade so I'm a little ways away from where it seems most meetings are held but I'm willing to drive so I can meet other people.
    • Sue Stevens
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2012
        Hi Emilie and Irene,

        I too am new and feeling my way around the SCA so I figured I would say Hello.
        My name is Sue and I live in Glenburn.  I am working an a persona too and have narrowed it down to a French women from the 16th century I think. My boyfriend Dale is going to be a Scottish guy from the same era. My daughter Emily (16) has joined too and likes the archery part of it and the A & S crafty stuff. I sew and sell Renaissance clothing so the fit for me was a natural one.

        We go to archery practice on Monday evengings and have met some wonderful people.
        Looking forward to putting some of the things I have read about into practice.
        Anyway....Welcome from one newbe to another!
        Sue
      • Aneleda Falconbridge
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
          Welcome!

          You're not far from our NEXT meeting! It will be in Pittsfield on the 19th (Thurs. this week!)

          If you're not on the regular Endewearde yahoo group, I strongly encourage you to join it too!

          I hope to meet you Thursday if you can make it!

          Cheers!

          Aneleda

          * * *

          Thursday July 19, 2012 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
          295 Main Street, Pittsfield, Maine (map)

          The quarterly shire meeting will be held at Maine Central Institute high school in Pittsfield, Maine. The location is the E. Robert Kinney conference room in the Student Center (#12 on the pdf map link below). It is the dining hall building and is right behind the central building with the bell tower, Founders Hall (#5 on the map).

          http://www.mci-school.org/uploaded/PDFs/2010_11map.pdf

          Driving directions to Pittsfield (Exit 150 off Interstate 95) are available at
          http://www.mci-school.org/page.cfm?p=377
          or you may follow these directions:

          Take I-95 to exit 150. From the South, bear right, from the North, bear left onto Somerset Ave.

          Go about one mile, turn right at the first traffic light onto Main St. Cross over railroad tracks. MCI is approximately 1/4 mile on the right. The road to turn onto campus is hidden directly after the white church on Stinson Ave.

          Turn right after the church and go straight

          down the road. There are three sets of roads to your left. Go past the

          first row of brick buildings; the second road is partially blocked off (and will be torn down). Turn left down the third (last) road.

          The Student Center will be the first building on the left side of that third road. That road is treated as one way on campus. Parking is available just beyond the building.

          Questions or meeting agenda items can be addressed to Lord Otto Gottleib at
          seneschal@...

          --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Emile & Irene" <ejcimd@...> wrote:

          > It seems appropriate to drop in and say; hello!
          >
          > I am very new to the SCA. So far I've done a fair amount of reading and have found so many things that would be interesting to try. At the moment I'm research culture's that interest me the most so I can begin to develop a persona.
          >
          > Why is it that so many of them are amazing?
          >
          > It is so difficult to pick one; although I'd prefer to find something slightly uncommon, but not so unique that I can't find proper historical reference or it takes lots of time spent with my nose in dusty tomes.
          >
          > I live in Belgrade so I'm a little ways away from where it seems most meetings are held but I'm willing to drive so I can meet other people.

        • Irene
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
            Hello Aneleda and Sue!

            Sue; So glad to meet you ((virtually)). Perhaps sometime in the future we can meet in person.

            Aneleda; Thank you for not only welcoming me to the group but also sharing the meeting time and providing a rather nifty map. I would very much like to attend. Can you tell me if garb is required? As I don't have anything that would even pass for rudimentary garb yet. I may even drag my husband along.

            Poor man had to listen to me recite old recipes aloud over the weekend. I just loved the vernacular and how just speaking the words made me feel for a moment I was in another time.

            I did request to join the regular Endewearde group here on yahoo but have not yet been approved for membership.

            Have a grand evening,

            Irene
          • L T
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
              Garb is not required at the shire meetings. Just wear everyday clothing and you'll be fine.

              Driving directions are available on the Endewearde calendar to the Pittsfield meeting site linked through the shire website at http://www.endewearde.eastkingdom.org under "Local area activities". We will be in a conference room in the student dining hall building.

              Lisa / Bryn
              Endewearde web minister

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
                Greetings and welcome to Irene and Sue! I look forward to meeting you both. Feel free to ask any questions that you wish and folks will be glad to help out.

                Irene, your request to join the Endewearde list has been approved. I'd have gotten to it sooner, but I've been a bit busy this past weekend.

                In Service,
                Lord Gwillim

                --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Irene" <ejcimd@...> wrote:

                > Hello Aneleda and Sue!
                >
                > Sue; So glad to meet you ((virtually)). Perhaps sometime in the future we can meet in person.
                >

                > Aneleda; Thank you for not only welcoming me to the group but also sharing the meeting time and providing a rather nifty map. I would very much like to attend. Can you tell me if garb is required? As I don't have anything that would even pass for rudimentary garb yet. I may even drag my husband along.
                >
                > Poor man had to listen to me recite old recipes aloud over the weekend. I just loved the vernacular and how just speaking the words made me feel for a moment I was in another time.
                >
                > I did request to join the regular Endewearde group here on yahoo but have not yet been approved for membership.
                >
                > Have a grand evening,
                >
                > Irene

              • Irene
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
                  Lord Gwillim,

                  Hello to you as well!

                  Thank you for approving my request, I assumed whoever was the moderator would be busy. No worries there.

                  I must say how wonderful my conversations have been with everyone on the boards; makes the opportunity to meet up and actually converse in person a highlight to look forward to.

                  I plan on attending Thursday, barring any unforeseen misadventures between now and then.

                  Irene