food sale

  • leofwynofwhit
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
      So how's it going peeps? Everyone planning on donating something to the food sale during TOL?

      How about desserts for the dessert course during the feast?

      just a little nudge so that you don't forget. :)

      Leofwyn
    • lord_gwillim
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
        I just recently sent Lady Sylvia an email seeing if she is ok with us doing a food sale at TOL. I'll post word as soon as I get it. IF she's ok with it, I'll started beating the bushes on the Endewearde list, too.

        I'm not planning on doing any desserts, but I do plan on making several pies for the sale. Leo, is it just desserts that you need help with?

        Gwillim

        --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "leofwynofwhit" <elamache@...> wrote:

        > So how's it going peeps? Everyone planning on donating something to the food sale during TOL?
        >
        > How about desserts for the dessert course during the feast?
        >
        > just a little nudge so that you don't forget. :)
        >
        > Leofwyn

      • Jason goodrich
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
          leo will get her just desserts... <3

          On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM, lord_gwillim <bhubbard491@...> wrote:

          I just recently sent Lady Sylvia an email seeing if she is ok with us doing a food sale at TOL. I'll post word as soon as I get it. IF she's ok with it, I'll started beating the bushes on the Endewearde list, too.

          I'm not planning on doing any desserts, but I do plan on making several pies for the sale. Leo, is it just desserts that you need help with?

          Gwillim

          --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "leofwynofwhit" <elamache@...> wrote:

          > So how's it going peeps? Everyone planning on donating something to the food sale during TOL?
          >
          > How about desserts for the dessert course during the feast?
          >
          > just a little nudge so that you don't forget. :)
          >
          > Leofwyn

        • leofwynofwhit
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
            Yes, it is just desserts - and really only because Sylvia's announcement had already told the populace that they should plan on bringing potluck desserts. I don't want to take any of the energy away from the food sale however. So I say that if you have a focus on the food sale leave it there. But if you are feeling overly generous with your time and money, then do both. ;)

            --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "lord_gwillim" <bhubbard491@...> wrote:

            > I just recently sent Lady Sylvia an email seeing if she is ok with us doing a food sale at TOL. I'll post word as soon as I get it. IF she's ok with it, I'll started beating the bushes on the Endewearde list, too.
            >
            > I'm not planning on doing any desserts, but I do plan on making several pies for the sale. Leo, is it just desserts that you need help with?
            >
            > Gwillim
            >
            > --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "leofwynofwhit" <elamache@> wrote:
            > >
            > > So how's it going peeps? Everyone planning on donating something to the food sale during TOL?
            > >
            > > How about desserts for the dessert course during the feast?
            > >
            > > just a little nudge so that you don't forget. :)
            > >
            > > Leofwyn

          • leofwynofwhit
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
              Hehe! Cute Nevell!

              Sadly, in my mundane life, I don't feel like I do get my just desserts.....I get stepped on, shafted, and otherwise sidelined but that is a different story, eh? ;)

              --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, Jason goodrich <jbgood789@...> wrote:

              > leo will get her just desserts... <3
              >
              > On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:03 AM, lord_gwillim <bhubbard491@...>wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I just recently sent Lady Sylvia an email seeing if she is ok with us
              > > doing a food sale at TOL. I'll post word as soon as I get it. IF she's ok
              > > with it, I'll started beating the bushes on the Endewearde list, too.
              > >
              > > I'm not planning on doing any desserts, but I do plan on making several
              > > pies for the sale. Leo, is it just desserts that you need help with?
              > >
              > > Gwillim
              > >

              > > --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "leofwynofwhit" <elamache@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > So how's it going peeps? Everyone planning on donating something to the
              > > food sale during TOL?
              > > >
              > > > How about desserts for the dessert course during the feast?
              > > >
              > > > just a little nudge so that you don't forget. :)
              > > >
              > > > Leofwyn

            • lord_gwillim
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2012
                Hey all. So far, I haven't seen or heard a lot of interest in working on this fundraiser for Their Highnesses. Are you interested and willing and able to help? In order for this to be worth anybody's effort, we need at least a few folks willing to donate some food items to sell at TOL, and a few folks willing to spend a little time at a table selling the stuff.

                I'm willing and able to make and donate a bunch a meat pies. They would be cooked, wrapped in foil, and frozen and labeled with suggested re-heating instructions. I, too, am willing to spend some time at a table selling.

                We're coming up on the point where we have to make a decision on this. Anybody else willing to step up to help make this happen?

                In Service,
                Lord Gwillim
              • Margaret Rochester
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3, 2012
                  This is a difficult one.  We are being asked to bring desserts for a potluck. We are being told there won't be a real dayboard (maybe people plan to bring food for lunch).  A few of us have decided that an eveningboard, rather than feast, wasn't appropriate for a royal progress and have therefor mutinied.  We are making an eveningboard into a feast, but are footing the bill for the extra needs for that.  To add one more food related need on top is a bit much for me at any rate.

                  Margaret

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3, 2012

                    I’ve been holding back on committing to anything food related because of the (for me) confusion on the not-feast feast.  I can do a few loaves of bread and probably some sort of dessert (probably mince pie, but still mulling).  I’ll let ya’ll figure out where it will go. If you want the pie frozen for sale, I’ll need to know 2 days ahead (I don’t think overnight will quite do it thoroughly enough.)

                    Lady Margaret,

                    Besides bread, is there anything I can do/make/bring?

                    ~Roland

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 3, 2012
                      Hey cooks,

                      I would like to clarify the food situation at TOL.

                      I had decided quite some time ago that, should I be chosen to host TOL, we would do something different with the food service.  I wished to do so for the following reasons:

                      Cost - I want to run this event cheaper, even if only for this year

                      Ease - I wanted this event to not be a labor intensive one.

                      Different than before - because I think it is good to shake things up.  And, to be honest, I don't think I will continue running this event for a bazillion years and would prefer not to pigeon hole future autocrats into certain structures.

                      I like stew - and thought a meal of stew and bread would be lovely and satisfying, but what do I know... :-)

                      And finally - I have found with past TOLs that the day board tended to have a lot of leftovers, probably because people who were not there early setting up often ate before arrival and supper is generally very early at this event.  Between the two, people ate, but not in great amounts.

                      All of these decisions, including my budget submission and acceptance by the budget committee, happened prior to my knowing that Their Highnesses would be in attendance.

                      Frankly, I think people would have been very pleased with what was originally planned, despite it being "different.". And, rest assured, no one would have gone hungry because, well, this is Endewearde after all!  :-)

                      In any case, Leo is restructuring a bit to make our meal more Feast-like, which is perfectly fine because she is in charge of food and is pretty awesome that way.  I appreciate everyone supporting her as she works to provide us with a lovely meal.

                      If this guild decides to provide additional food as a fund easier, I am good with that.  Gwillim is pretty excellent at keeping me informed which may help as we get closer to the event.  If you choose not to offer food, that will be fine too.

                      I encourage you all to come to me directly if there are lingering questions or concerns.  I am happy to address them and will work to make sure people are happy and well fed to the best of my abilities.  That is, after all, my job as autocrat.

                      Warmly,
                      Sylvia
                      (Who is enjoying a weekend away from home with Vey and no children!). :-)

                    • Margaret Rochester
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 4, 2012
                        I'm sorry if I came across snarky before.  For this event, I will be bringing:

                        1. dessert for the potluck
                        2. lunch or dayboard augmentation
                        3. significant feast augmentation

                        None of this is a problem.  I am quite looking forward to providing these.

                        The problem is that this is all cost and effort, and that adding a food fundraiser on top of it is one too many things for me.

                        Margaret

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 6, 2012
                          OK, so I guess THIS fundraiser isn't going to happen. ::sigh::

                          Gwillim