Cooks' Guild potluck

  • kenduskeagstream
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
      The Cooks' Guild is very much over due for a dinner. We will have a potluck meeting on March 16th at 6:00 at my home. Everyone is welcome to attend. You need only to bring a medieval or medival-ish dish to share.

      Don't cook? Just grab a loaf of bread or block of cheese at the store on the way over.

      New to this medieval cooking stuff? Check out http://www.godecookery.com/allrec/allrec.htm There is great variety at Gode Cookery, and it is written in easy to follow modern ways.

      Want to try something a bit more complicated? We will go with a 14th century German cookbook Ein Buch von guter spise http://cs-people.bu.edu/akatlas/Buch/recipes.html

      Margaret
    • bronwen_of_endewearde
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
        I'm planning on a couple dessert dishes - I'm very excited about the recipes I've found!

        --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "kenduskeagstream" <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

        > The Cooks' Guild is very much over due for a dinner. We will have a potluck meeting on March 16th at 6:00 at my home. Everyone is welcome to attend. You need only to bring a medieval or medival-ish dish to share.
        >
        > Don't cook? Just grab a loaf of bread or block of cheese at the store on the way over.
        >
        > New to this medieval cooking stuff? Check out http://www.godecookery.com/allrec/allrec.htm There is great variety at Gode Cookery, and it is written in easy to follow modern ways.
        >
        > Want to try something a bit more complicated? We will go with a 14th century German cookbook Ein Buch von guter spise http://cs-people.bu.edu/akatlas/Buch/recipes.html
        >
        > Margaret

      • Jason goodrich
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
          I'm working on redacting  a cabbage, chicken and bacon dish. 8)

          On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM, bronwen_of_endewearde <knutmeg80@...> wrote:

          I'm planning on a couple dessert dishes - I'm very excited about the recipes I've found!

          --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "kenduskeagstream" <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

          > The Cooks' Guild is very much over due for a dinner. We will have a potluck meeting on March 16th at 6:00 at my home. Everyone is welcome to attend. You need only to bring a medieval or medival-ish dish to share.
          >
          > Don't cook? Just grab a loaf of bread or block of cheese at the store on the way over.
          >
          > New to this medieval cooking stuff? Check out http://www.godecookery.com/allrec/allrec.htm There is great variety at Gode Cookery, and it is written in easy to follow modern ways.
          >
          > Want to try something a bit more complicated? We will go with a 14th century German cookbook Ein Buch von guter spise http://cs-people.bu.edu/akatlas/Buch/recipes.html
          >
          > Margaret

        • Rachel
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
            I'd like to come too! I'm sure I can find something delicious--is there a particular item you think there isn't enough of (sides, desserts, breads, meats?)? I can bring it!
            Agatha