Fort Knox Demo

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
      Greetings fine Cooks,

      As most know, the Fort Knox demo is approaching.

      Would any of our wonderful cooks be interesting in creating a presentation for the Demo around what types of food was eaten....

      Actual food, pictures, stories, and talking/interacting with the visitors would be great... Heck... interruptive dance would be accepted! (Ok maybe not interpretive dance about what people ate 'in period') 8)

      We can offer you a table for your presentations or you could even bring your own table space, as you see fit.

      Please let's talk more on list about this idea... we could do a group presentation if some of you wanted to get together to do something or individually. Lets throw some ideas around and see what comes up.

      contact me off list as need also.

      With highest regards,

      Nevell the hungry
    • L T
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
        Hey,

        I haven't figured out exactly where I'm splitting my time at the Fort Knox demo (yet) but I have a suggestion for a good topic:

        A couple of years ago I ended up sitting down at one the A+S tables that had some dining ware on it, most notably the two-tined forks that Vey had made for his and Sylvia's feastware set. I started talking with other SCAdians and the general public that walked by the table about the dining utensils used in the middle ages and the dining customs of the time. The cultural aspects of what is considered proper etiquette for dining in the Middle Ages (Table Manners)  is a good topic for a brief presentation and gives the spectators a chance to ask questions and interact a little bit with the presentor. You can easily wind up the talk by handing out recipe sheets. I think it makes a good talk for one or two presentors since several of our group are double or triple staffing that day.

        I'd be happy to help contribute whatever research help I can in advance.

        Bryn