TOL help?!

  • Leofwyn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2009
      So once again I am looking for some help with roast beast for this
      years Tourney of Love. And I was wondering if any of you would be
      willing to cook a chicken or turkey for the feast that day. It is
      perfectly fine if you cook it the day before, and then bring it cold
      to the event that day. Not looking for anything special, just a roast
      bird will do. I am planning on making a fruit sauce to garnish it
      with. The plan is to feed 70 people maybe 80. So I am looking for
      about 8 birds. (I plan on having some beef there too). If you would be
      willing to pick up a bird, cook it, and bring it, I will reimburse you
      (save your receipts). But if a snow storm hits and the event is
      canceled you keep your bird and eat it yourself (no reimbursement).
      This will save the Shire from buying a bunch of birds that will end up
      going into the trash if the event cancels.

      What say you all?!

      IN Service
      Leo
      TOL feast-o-crat
    • L T
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2009
        Hey,

        I think I can help with that. Let me double check my oven the week before the event to make sure it's in good working order. What size turkeys are you planning to use? I can start checking brands and prices.

        I might be able to do only one large bird the day before the event because Jim has to haul it out of the oven for me (it's a bit heavy).

        Lisa