Cooks Guild Meeting!!!

  • Leofwyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Oy-yah! Oy-yah! Come one! Come all!

      You are all cordially invited to attend the next Cook's Guild meeting
      at my home in Newburgh, Maine.

      Date: Oct 25
      Time: 2:00 until we all get tired.

      Now for the challenge! I challenge you to bring something made with
      Fava beans! Why, you may ask yourself? Well it is because I have never
      had fava beans but I see them in medieval recipes all the time.

      But if fava beans are not your cup of tea, I love peas. :)

      Or, it is harvest time, bring me something veggie oriented.

      ooo! Pie would be lovely! :)

      If none of that appeals to you, just come, bring bread, bring cheese,
      bring anything you like, or bring nothing at all - we just want to see
      your face! :)

      Basically this is your chance to make something that you have always
      wanted to make! And a chance to hang out with wonderful people! (if I
      can't find wonderful people you may have to settle for just me.)

      I have plenty of places to warm things up if needed (granted our oven
      in the kitchen doesn't work, but the one in the garage does.)And if we
      feel the urge, we can always light the firepit outside and cook over
      an open flame.

      My address is 2615 Kennebec Road, Newburgh, ME 04444, and you are
      welcome to look up directions on your favorite online map website. But
      basic directions are as follows:

      Coming from the South - Drive north on I95, getting off at Exit 174,
      the Carmel Winterport exit. Take a right and you are now on Route 69.
      Drive to the blinking red light, take a right onto Route 9/202. Drive
      1 mile. Take a left onto Chapman Road. Drive to the end of Chapman
      Road (don't let it throw ya - there is a couple of 90 degree turns),
      when you reach the end take a right. You are now on Kennebec Road. You
      will be driving 1 and 7/8ths miles, but just before you reach my house
      you will pass a lovely house on your left obviously renovated from an
      old Church at the top of the hill. This is your landmark! you will now
      descend down the hill, and start to rise back up a hill that curves to
      the left, when that straightens out, look for a dark red house on your
      left, then a driveway with a lavender colored mailbox just opposite on
      your right. This is our driveway. Drive down past the little white
      house on the right side of the driveway, with the RV and the dog pen
      in the back, keep driving down the driveway - it is a 1/3rd of a mile
      long. Looks like you are going down into the woods. Eventually the
      woods open up and if you come forward just a bit more you will see the
      house - red logs, green roof.

      Coming from the Bangor area - Drive south on I95, getting off the
      interstate at exit 174- the Carmel/Winterport exit. Take a left and
[...]

      Alternative routes - find your best way to Hampden, get on Route 9 and
      head south until you see the blinking yellow light as you cross Route
      69 then follow the directions above from the blinking light part. :)

      Find your best way to Winterport, and take a left (or right depending
      on where you are coming from) onto Route 69 and follow it all the way
      to Newburgh, when you get to the blinking red light at the corner of
      Kennebec and 69 take a left (you will see the now closed Nealy's
      Corner Store on the opposite corner)drive approximately 4 miles - you
      will see Chapman Road on your right, a farm with a silo, and pretty
      soon that house/church I mentioned above.

      Find your best way to Unity and drive north on Route 9, when you get
      to Newburgh, drive past the Fire Station, the horse farm, and the
      church (all on your left), then as you start down the hill after the
      church, Chapman Road is there on your right. Then follow the
      directions above from there.

      And if none of these directions work for you, call me! 234-2101 and
      leave me a message if the answering machine gets to you before I do. I
      will call you right back.

      For those with allergies or fears: We have two indoor/outdoor
      short-haired cats, but no dogs. Avoid the poison ivy in the center
      circle of the driveway. :)

      Hope to see you there!

      Leofwyn