Re: May not make the meeting

  • ladybrynmillar
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005
      Thanks. I'll look forward to reading about it and seeing what plans
      are being made for dayboard at Bare Blade. If people are sharing
      recipes, I'd like to know what is talked about.

      Oh, by the way, I think the little hedgehog recipe I suggested to
      Hasan is too pricey to put out at a large buffet style event (all
      you can eat situation). I've seen them served at feasts where you
      can control the budget and number of servings per table more easily.

      My suggestion for preparing any dayboard is to have copies of the
      recipes available (hand written is ok) for at least an ingredient
      list in case someone has food allergies. Printing up some type of
      identification card on certain dishes is also helpful so those
      attendants who aren't familiar with medieval fare can bravely sample
      something new.

      If we are interested in making scottish eggs, I can price out that
      dish and number of servings and get back to the guild. The
      ingredients we've used in the past are: vegetable cooking oil, sweet
      and hot sausage, lots of eggs (usually buy the inexpensive 3 dozen
      at a time cartoons), and bread crumbs. We have found if you cut the
      eggs in half (or quarters) people will eat them quite readily. If
      you don't cut them in half, people will only reluctantly commit to
      eating one (I think they are afraid they won't like it and don't
      want to waste food). I can make these if I have advance notice -- it
      takes about 3-4 hours total prep, cooking, and draining time to do a
      decent job with them. We can also buy additional small eggs and
      just hard boil them (yum!).

      Bryn

      --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, margaret rochester
      <kenduskeagstream@y...> wrote:

      > I think Adrianna figures we will be done around 8:00, though
      things might go longer. We will be sure to put an overview of the
      meeting on the list.