Re: thoughts and suggestions - more about the space

  • Lady Aneleda Falconbridge
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 15, 2008
      Lady Bryn, et all -

      The space is viewable from a window and I would expect NO visitors
      actually to ENTER the space - the room will be marked as "Staff Only"
      BUT folks will be able to see IN. I am putting an image in the files
      section which shows the room from the inside, to make it superclear.

      While the window is low, I don't think that dogs would be able to get in.

      However, I think that Mel and Gwillem's dog Dusty is a very medieval
      looking dog, and well behaved, if you want him for atmosphere...

      Anyway, whatever you do - people will not be able to REACH the food,
      only see it. They should only be able to REACH recipes and info. I
      can bring a little folding table to put that on (with a cloth over it)
      for take-away material.

      If someone wants to staff it, cool. Otherwise, I'd just call it a
      display and let it sit. If folks want a "tour of the medieval table"
      I will make it a scheduled class on the program and those who are
      interested can visit closely for 15 minutes. Is someone willing to
      answer questions / tell about the medieval eating situation for two 15
      or 10 minute "classes" ?

      - Aneleda

      Check the photo...
    • Leofwyn
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 15, 2008
        Well that seems like quite the undertaking.....is anyone willing and
        able to do it, is the question.

        I know that I am not knowledgeable enough to fulfill that role
        completely. I am lucky if I remember not to put my elbows on the table
        while I am eating (lol!), so I don't think I would make a good teacher
        on etiquette at the feast table.

        In regards to keeping the food from spoiling, I wasn't going to worry
        about it, I didn't think we would be eating it anyways.

        Also, I think Aneleda's idea was to not have the general public
        accessible to the food table, as she wanted to set it up in the window
        and police the doorway into the room.

        But in the future, as you said maybe in 2009 - perhaps we could do a
        full-fledged A&S display with presentations every hour on food
        preparation, feast etiquette, facts and lore, because all of your
        suggestions are wonderful! I know that Margaret wanted to do something
        really magnificent someday. So this might be right up her alley.
        Perhaps we should have a Cooks Guild meeting sometime soon to discuss
        the idea?

        Leo
      • Leofwenn of Witelseie
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 15, 2008
          ooo! I would love to have Dusty dog come stay with us in the dayboard/mini feast room! I love Dusty!

          Leo
          aka Leofwenn of Witelseie

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 15, 2008
            *whisper* I've always thought some hearth cooking would be
            great...there are hearths, and outdoor fireplaces... 2009..2009...

            BUT, back to 2008...