Re: [Endewearde_cooks] May not make the meeting

  • margaret rochester
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005
      I think Adrianna figures we will be done around 8:00, though things might go longer.  We will be sure to put an overview of the meeting on the list.

    • ladybrynmillar
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005
        Thanks. I'll look forward to reading about it and seeing what plans
        are being made for dayboard at Bare Blade. If people are sharing
        recipes, I'd like to know what is talked about.

        Oh, by the way, I think the little hedgehog recipe I suggested to
        Hasan is too pricey to put out at a large buffet style event (all
        you can eat situation). I've seen them served at feasts where you
        can control the budget and number of servings per table more easily.

        My suggestion for preparing any dayboard is to have copies of the
        recipes available (hand written is ok) for at least an ingredient
        list in case someone has food allergies. Printing up some type of
        identification card on certain dishes is also helpful so those
        attendants who aren't familiar with medieval fare can bravely sample
        something new.

        If we are interested in making scottish eggs, I can price out that
        dish and number of servings and get back to the guild. The
        ingredients we've used in the past are: vegetable cooking oil, sweet
        and hot sausage, lots of eggs (usually buy the inexpensive 3 dozen
        at a time cartoons), and bread crumbs. We have found if you cut the
        eggs in half (or quarters) people will eat them quite readily. If
        you don't cut them in half, people will only reluctantly commit to
        eating one (I think they are afraid they won't like it and don't
        want to waste food). I can make these if I have advance notice -- it
        takes about 3-4 hours total prep, cooking, and draining time to do a
        decent job with them. We can also buy additional small eggs and
        just hard boil them (yum!).

        Bryn

        --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, margaret rochester