Re: Cooks Guild Display at Fort Knox!

  • Leofwyn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2008
      I am re-opening this topic!

      Lady Aneleda and I are very excited about the idea of doing an A&S
      display of a table at the demo. Aneleda has asked me to do the
      dayboard this year, but that is for volunteers only. What we need is
      for a bunch of us to donate a food stuff, a table setting, some fruit,
      bread, etc. to this display, and of course one or two to "man" the
      table (I would but I will be manning the dayboard - or at least
      patrolling it - although I might be able to get away to take a turn).
      Maybe several people could take turns. Aneleda said she would make a
      pretty poster for it. What ever each of us makes, we should each make
      up a sign to stand near it (like a tent card) that says what dish it
      is and what is in it - period stuff, ya know?! Good chance for some
      of us to practice our scribal skills too!

      I usually don't challenge anyone, stay pretty much neutral..but this
      time I CHALLENGE the Cook's Guild to step up and do something nice for
      an A&S display at the demo.

      Come on, we all should rally to the call! Show all the other SCAdians
      that the Cook's Guild is alive and well and doing something
      medieval-ish...

      What do you say?!

      Leo

      --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Lady Aneleda Cytheria