Re: [Endewearde_cooks] Outdoor cooking

  • Margaret Rochester
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 18, 2008
      So, who all is up for Cooks' Guild on Monday?  And who all is up for outdoor cooking?  I wouldn't mind switching it to cooking on the fireplace hearth if it is just too cold.

      Margaret

      Margaret Rochester <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:
      My first though is "Are you out of your flippin' mind?"  My second is "Hey, that could be fun!"

      OK, looking at the calendar, how about this - We could have a meeting on Monday Jan 21.  Dinner would be at 6:00.  The campfire and ensuing amusement would begin at 3:00 or 4:00 or so.  If you cook your dish inside, please make it medieval or medivalish.  If you are cooking outside, anything goes.  We will eat INSIDE.  That day is Martin Luther King Day.  If by chance, folks are not working that day, our home will be open at noon to chat, play games and psych ourselves out for the afternoon's entertainment.

      Margaret

      Natalie <photopuella@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      So, is anyone interested in attempting outdoor winter cooking?
      Something to kill the doldrums of winter. Perhaps even fire making
      procedures. This could be quite chilly so maybe an accomponied event
      of mead tasting. Im really just trying to throw stuff out there in
      hopes people wanna do something fun. Also I dont know who is in
      charge of the Love Tourney food, but im always willing to lend a hand
      if needed.

      Saruca

    • Leofwyn of Whittlesey

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 20, 2008
          I will be there. I was gonna cook outside, mostly because I feel
          obligated because I suggested it, but it will be very cold and if no
          one else wants to I can totally make an indoor meal!! My heart will
          not be broken.

          Saruca
        • Margaret Rochester
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
            The Food Network has a show called Dinner Impossible.  Each week the host is given a different wierd cooking situation and must make a meal in a short period of time.  Tonight he will be at a Ren Fair and will be making dinner for the King and Queen and their court.  It could be fun to watch.  Tonight at 10:00 on Food Network.

          • L T
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
              Thanks for the heads up Margaret!

              Bryn

              http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ie/episode/0,3151,FOOD_28496_55177,00.html

              > Margaret

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Deborah Ellis
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
                Thanks Margaret! I'll be watching!

                Anne
                --- L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for the heads up Margaret!
                >
                > Bryn
                >
                > --- Margaret Rochester <kenduskeagstream@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > The Food Network has a show called Dinner
                > > Impossible. Each week the host is given a
                > different
                > > wierd cooking situation and must make a meal in a
                > > short period of time. Tonight he will be at a Ren
                > > Fair and will be making dinner for the King and
                > > Queen and their court. It could be fun to watch.
                > > Tonight at 10:00 on Food Network.

                http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ie/episode/0,3151,FOOD_28496_55177,00.html

                > > Margaret

                > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              • L T
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                  Two comments: the swordfish steaks looked delicious
                  and the program was too short!

                  Bryn

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                    I agree with both your observations.  I found it funny that they did not use white flour or cornstarch because it wasn't authentic, but had no problem with turkey and cranberry honey.

                    It was fun to see the cooking methods.   I'd like to make a brick oven in the backyard and do bread.  Who knows, maybe this summer.

                    Margaret

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 1 4:42 AM
                      I agree with both of you! It was hysterical to watch
                      him. The cranberry honey struck me as somewhat odd,
                      too I thought cranberries weren't period. Oh, well -
                      a fun show to watch, nevertheless.

                      Anne