Outdoor cooking

  • Natalie
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
      So, is anyone interested in attempting outdoor winter cooking?
      Something to kill the doldrums of winter. Perhaps even fire making
      procedures. This could be quite chilly so maybe an accomponied event
      of mead tasting. Im really just trying to throw stuff out there in
      hopes people wanna do something fun. Also I dont know who is in
      charge of the Love Tourney food, but im always willing to lend a hand
      if needed.

      Saruca
    • Margaret Rochester

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 29, 2007
          Hey Margaret,

          Thank you so much for volunteering to host! I will be there. Does
          anyone have an extra dutch oven? Ive never used one before and was
          thinking about possibly a stew. If anyone could lend one that would
          rock the cazbah!

          Saruca

          > OK, looking at the calendar, how about this - We could have a
          meeting on Monday Jan 21. Dinner would be at 6:00. The campfire and
          ensuing amusement would begin at 3:00 or 4:00 or so. If you cook your
          dish inside, please make it medieval or medivalish. If you are
          cooking outside, anything goes. We will eat INSIDE. That day is
          Martin Luther King Day. If by chance, folks are not working that day,
          our home will be open at noon to chat, play games and psych ourselves
          out for the afternoon's entertainment.

          > Margaret

        • Margaret Rochester
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 18, 2008
            So, who all is up for Cooks' Guild on Monday?  And who all is up for outdoor cooking?  I wouldn't mind switching it to cooking on the fireplace hearth if it is just too cold.

            Margaret

            Natalie <photopuella@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            So, is anyone interested in attempting outdoor winter cooking?
            Something to kill the doldrums of winter. Perhaps even fire making
            procedures. This could be quite chilly so maybe an accomponied event
            of mead tasting. Im really just trying to throw stuff out there in
            hopes people wanna do something fun. Also I dont know who is in
            charge of the Love Tourney food, but im always willing to lend a hand
            if needed.

            Saruca

          • Leofwyn of Whittlesey

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 20, 2008
                I will be there. I was gonna cook outside, mostly because I feel
                obligated because I suggested it, but it will be very cold and if no
                one else wants to I can totally make an indoor meal!! My heart will
                not be broken.

                Saruca
              • Margaret Rochester
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
                  The Food Network has a show called Dinner Impossible.  Each week the host is given a different wierd cooking situation and must make a meal in a short period of time.  Tonight he will be at a Ren Fair and will be making dinner for the King and Queen and their court.  It could be fun to watch.  Tonight at 10:00 on Food Network.

                • L T
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
                    Thanks for the heads up Margaret!

                    Bryn

                    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ie/episode/0,3151,FOOD_28496_55177,00.html

                    > Margaret

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • Deborah Ellis
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
                      Thanks Margaret! I'll be watching!

                      Anne
                      --- L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks for the heads up Margaret!
                      >
                      > Bryn
                      >
                      > --- Margaret Rochester <kenduskeagstream@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > > The Food Network has a show called Dinner
                      > > Impossible. Each week the host is given a
                      > different
                      > > wierd cooking situation and must make a meal in a
                      > > short period of time. Tonight he will be at a Ren
                      > > Fair and will be making dinner for the King and
                      > > Queen and their court. It could be fun to watch.
                      > > Tonight at 10:00 on Food Network.

                      http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ie/episode/0,3151,FOOD_28496_55177,00.html

                      > > Margaret

                      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                    • L T
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                        Two comments: the swordfish steaks looked delicious
                        and the program was too short!

                        Bryn

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                          I agree with both your observations.  I found it funny that they did not use white flour or cornstarch because it wasn't authentic, but had no problem with turkey and cranberry honey.

                          It was fun to see the cooking methods.   I'd like to make a brick oven in the backyard and do bread.  Who knows, maybe this summer.

                          Margaret

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                            I agree with both of you! It was hysterical to watch
                            him. The cranberry honey struck me as somewhat odd,
                            too I thought cranberries weren't period. Oh, well -
                            a fun show to watch, nevertheless.

                            Anne