Jehan's dayboard added to database

  • Lady Aneleda Cytheria Falconbridge
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2007
      At Margaret's request I've added the Jehan's dayboard 2007 to the
      dayboard list. Leofwyn - if you can remember what you did for the hunt
      last year, please add it. I know you gave me a nice sheet which I
      meant to put up there, but I forgot.

      I also put in a detailed list on the files section.

      Aneleda
    • kenduskeagstream
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2007
        Oh yea, and Griff can we get your mustard recipe? Please please please
      • Gruffydd Abernethy
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2007
          Here is the recipe for the mustard we had at the fort

          1/2 lb brown mustard seed ground coarsely
          about 2 oz finely ground
          4 1/2oz prepared chopped horseradish
          1 medium onion ground
          chunk o' ginger about the size of and APD for a combat
          crossbow bolt amouts to 2-3 Tablespoons chopped
          (probably)
          2 Table spoons sugar
          1 Teaspoon white pepper
          1/2 teaspoon salt
          2-3 Tablespoons honey
          apple cider vinegar

          grind the mustard seed
          chop onions, horseradish and ginger together in a
          blender with a little of the vinegar
          mix all other ingredients together in a clay or
          ceramic bowl.
          add apple cider vinegar untill you reach the desired
          consistancy.

          at this point turn and run for the nearest air raid
          shelter.
          when you can again stand in the same room as the
          mustard, attempt to place a damp cloth over it and
          and leave it alone ( i stored it in the fridge
          although I'm don't think it was nessacary, in my
          experience there is next to nothing that can grow in
          the unhospitable environment that this mustard offers
          and any thing that can should be welcomed as the next
          superior life form on this planet.)

          the mustard should be ediable in about three days and
          will need more vinegar added to it as it will dry out
          a little.

          for a bit more help here is the recipe that i based
          mine on from
          http://www.greydragon.org/library/mustard.html

          good luck and don't say I didn't warn you.
          -Gruffydd Abernethy

          ************************************

          Terafan's version of the Digby mustard

          I have modified the Digby recipe in a couple of ways.
          First I grind (puree) the ginger, the onion, and the
          horseradish, because I like hot mustard and I like the
          flavour it adds. I also throw it all back in the
          blender and puree it with some more vinegar just
          before bottling it. I find that this smooths out any
          remaining whole or partial seeds and makes if much
          creamier and smooth. Sometimes I eliminate the ginger
          altogether.

          2 lbs brown mustard seed 1 large white onion
          1 hand of ginger 1 horseradish root, approx 10" long
          1 tsp white pepper 1 tsp sugar
          Apple cider vinegar
          Grind the mustard seed as fine as you can. A blender
          works well if only grinding about 1/4 lb at a time.
          Puree the onion, ginger, and horseradish with vinegar
          in a blender. Add the pepper and sugar to the puree
          and then pour it over the ground mustard seed in a
          stone crock. Mix well and cover the crock with a
          towel. The mustard will mellow over time. It will also
          dry some. You may add more vinegar and mix it as
          required. For extra smoothness, puree in the blender
          with additional vinegar before bottling.

          ____________________________________________________________________________________Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
        • Lady Aneleda Cytheria Falconbridge
          Message 4 of 4 , May 16, 2007
            LOL - any time that you use a combat weapon as a measurement, I think
            the recipe certainly gets a special "OF DOOM" attached! Vivat Grif!

            I'm putting this also in the files section Grif, since I think it's
            cool.

            Aneleda
            (Actually, can Leo put it in the newsletter?????) Grif - is that ok???

            --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, Gruffydd Abernethy