Re: [Endewearde_cooks] Re: Meeting?

  • Margaret Rochester
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
      Bingo!  I have fun hosting the meetings.  But I tend to do them at a time and place and manner which is comfortable for me.  I figure if other people also host, we will have a greater variety which should make them more fun for more people.

      Margaret

      Lyn <elamache@...> wrote:
      --- In Endewearde_cooks@ yahoogroups. com, "Meghan" <knutmeg80@. ..> wrote:

      > Did I miss something? Did we stop meeting? I've been having that
      > cooking feeling lately, but I have no one to share it with. :(

      I imagine that Margaret was hoping that someone else would volunteer to
      have the meeting at their place for a change. And I would love to! But
      I am so far away, down here in Newburgh, that I doubt everyone would
      want to venture down this far. Especially after they get a look at my
      driveway, it is really long, downhill, snow and ice covered and rough.
      So I was waiting until after the Spring thaw, when the driveway is less
      scary for people.

      This is my thought for a meeting: We all meet, take over my rather
      large kitchen (hopefully my oven is fixed by then - although I have
      another one in the garage that is usable) and make something together.
      Have everyone bring down their medieval cookbooks or print outs of
      their favorite recipes or maybe even some untried recipes and we can
      bounce ideas around, make suggestions and just generally help each
      other with some recipes and have fun! I think that Griff was planning
      something similar, but I think he had an idea regarding what he wants
      to do, whereas I was going to let you all just go crazy in my kitchen.
      Maybe have you all send your suggestions for that afternoons or
      evenings menu and we would pick a few of them.....whatever you suggest
      for a recipe I may have to ask you to bring ingredients along, if I
      don't have them right handy, although I would probably try to make sure
      we had something here for ingredients.

      Probably considering the scope of the suggestion above, we would have
      to plan on having the meeting during a weekend afternoon.

      How does everyone feel about this idea?

      Leofwyn

      in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
      to find your fit.

    • saraofstoneleigh
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
        Well, it sounds likes fun to me. Granted, even a dentist appt sounds
        good to me right now. I'd like to think that we will be home and
        could come...
        Marge
      • Meghan
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
          Well, that makes 3 of us (me, my mother, and Marge)... Anyone else?

          --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "saraofstoneleigh"
          <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > Well, it sounds likes fun to me. Granted, even a dentist appt sounds
          > good to me right now. I'd like to think that we will be home and
          > could come...
          > Marge

        • Gruffydd Abernethy
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 15, 2007
            count me in tenatively.
            -Gruffydd

            --- Meghan <knutmeg80@...> wrote:

            > Well, that makes 3 of us (me, my mother, and
            > Marge)... Anyone else?
            >
            > --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com,
            > "saraofstoneleigh"
            > <jorie6568@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Well, it sounds likes fun to me. Granted, even a
            > dentist appt sounds
            > > good to me right now. I'd like to think that we
            > will be home and
            > > could come...
            > > Marge

            Be a PS3 game guru.