Meeting?

  • Meghan
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2007
      Did I miss something? Did we stop meeting? I've been having that
      cooking feeling lately, but I have no one to share it with. :(
    • Deborah Ellis
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2007
        I think we got lost, but someone will find us -
        eventually!

        Anne
        --- Meghan <knutmeg80@...> wrote:

        > Did I miss something? Did we stop meeting? I've
        > been having that
        > cooking feeling lately, but I have no one to share
        > it with. :(

        Don't pick lemons.
        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
      • Lyn
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007
          --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Meghan" <knutmeg80@...> wrote:

          > Did I miss something? Did we stop meeting? I've been having that
          > cooking feeling lately, but I have no one to share it with. :(

          I imagine that Margaret was hoping that someone else would volunteer to
          have the meeting at their place for a change. And I would love to! But
          I am so far away, down here in Newburgh, that I doubt everyone would
          want to venture down this far. Especially after they get a look at my
          driveway, it is really long, downhill, snow and ice covered and rough.
          So I was waiting until after the Spring thaw, when the driveway is less
          scary for people.

          This is my thought for a meeting: We all meet, take over my rather
          large kitchen (hopefully my oven is fixed by then - although I have
          another one in the garage that is usable) and make something together.
          Have everyone bring down their medieval cookbooks or print outs of
          their favorite recipes or maybe even some untried recipes and we can
          bounce ideas around, make suggestions and just generally help each
          other with some recipes and have fun! I think that Griff was planning
          something similar, but I think he had an idea regarding what he wants
          to do, whereas I was going to let you all just go crazy in my kitchen.
          Maybe have you all send your suggestions for that afternoons or
          evenings menu and we would pick a few of them.....whatever you suggest
          for a recipe I may have to ask you to bring ingredients along, if I
          don't have them right handy, although I would probably try to make sure
          we had something here for ingredients.

          Probably considering the scope of the suggestion above, we would have
          to plan on having the meeting during a weekend afternoon.

          How does everyone feel about this idea?

          Leofwyn
        • Meghan
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007
            That depends... do I have to be on the clean-up committee? ;)
            Sounds fun to me!

            --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Lyn" <elamache@...> wrote:

            > --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Meghan" <knutmeg80@>
            wrote:

            > > Did I miss something? Did we stop meeting? I've been having
            that
            > > cooking feeling lately, but I have no one to share it with. :(
            > >

            > I imagine that Margaret was hoping that someone else would
            volunteer to
            > have the meeting at their place for a change. And I would love to!
            But
            > I am so far away, down here in Newburgh, that I doubt everyone
            would
            > want to venture down this far. Especially after they get a look at
            my
            > driveway, it is really long, downhill, snow and ice covered and
            rough.
            > So I was waiting until after the Spring thaw, when the driveway is
            less
            > scary for people.
            >
            > This is my thought for a meeting: We all meet, take over my rather
            > large kitchen (hopefully my oven is fixed by then - although I have
            > another one in the garage that is usable) and make something
            together.
            > Have everyone bring down their medieval cookbooks or print outs of
            > their favorite recipes or maybe even some untried recipes and we
            can
            > bounce ideas around, make suggestions and just generally help each
            > other with some recipes and have fun! I think that Griff was
            planning
            > something similar, but I think he had an idea regarding what he
            wants
            > to do, whereas I was going to let you all just go crazy in my
            kitchen.
            > Maybe have you all send your suggestions for that afternoons or
            > evenings menu and we would pick a few of them.....whatever you
            suggest
            > for a recipe I may have to ask you to bring ingredients along, if I
            > don't have them right handy, although I would probably try to make
            sure
            > we had something here for ingredients.
            >
            > Probably considering the scope of the suggestion above, we would
            have
            > to plan on having the meeting during a weekend afternoon.
            >
            > How does everyone feel about this idea?
            >
            > Leofwyn

          • Lyn
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007
              --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Meghan" <knutmeg80@...> wrote:

              > That depends... do I have to be on the clean-up committee? ;)
              > Sounds fun to me!

              No, but your lucky brother and sister are! hahaha!
            • Margaret Rochester
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 13, 2007
                Bingo!  I have fun hosting the meetings.  But I tend to do them at a time and place and manner which is comfortable for me.  I figure if other people also host, we will have a greater variety which should make them more fun for more people.

                Margaret

                Lyn <elamache@...> wrote:
                --- In Endewearde_cooks@ yahoogroups. com, "Meghan" <knutmeg80@. ..> wrote:

                > Did I miss something? Did we stop meeting? I've been having that
                > cooking feeling lately, but I have no one to share it with. :(

                I imagine that Margaret was hoping that someone else would volunteer to
                have the meeting at their place for a change. And I would love to! But
                I am so far away, down here in Newburgh, that I doubt everyone would
                want to venture down this far. Especially after they get a look at my
                driveway, it is really long, downhill, snow and ice covered and rough.
                So I was waiting until after the Spring thaw, when the driveway is less
                scary for people.

                This is my thought for a meeting: We all meet, take over my rather
                large kitchen (hopefully my oven is fixed by then - although I have
                another one in the garage that is usable) and make something together.
                Have everyone bring down their medieval cookbooks or print outs of
                their favorite recipes or maybe even some untried recipes and we can
                bounce ideas around, make suggestions and just generally help each
                other with some recipes and have fun! I think that Griff was planning
                something similar, but I think he had an idea regarding what he wants
                to do, whereas I was going to let you all just go crazy in my kitchen.
                Maybe have you all send your suggestions for that afternoons or
                evenings menu and we would pick a few of them.....whatever you suggest
                for a recipe I may have to ask you to bring ingredients along, if I
                don't have them right handy, although I would probably try to make sure
                we had something here for ingredients.

                Probably considering the scope of the suggestion above, we would have
                to plan on having the meeting during a weekend afternoon.

                How does everyone feel about this idea?

                Leofwyn

                in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
                to find your fit.

              • saraofstoneleigh
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
                  Well, it sounds likes fun to me. Granted, even a dentist appt sounds
                  good to me right now. I'd like to think that we will be home and
                  could come...
                  Marge
                • Meghan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 14, 2007
                    Well, that makes 3 of us (me, my mother, and Marge)... Anyone else?

                    --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "saraofstoneleigh"
                    <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                    > Well, it sounds likes fun to me. Granted, even a dentist appt sounds
                    > good to me right now. I'd like to think that we will be home and
                    > could come...
                    > Marge

                  • Gruffydd Abernethy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 15, 2007
                      count me in tenatively.
                      -Gruffydd

                      --- Meghan <knutmeg80@...> wrote:

                      > Well, that makes 3 of us (me, my mother, and
                      > Marge)... Anyone else?
                      >
                      > --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com,
                      > "saraofstoneleigh"
                      > <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Well, it sounds likes fun to me. Granted, even a
                      > dentist appt sounds
                      > > good to me right now. I'd like to think that we
                      > will be home and
                      > > could come...
                      > > Marge

                      Be a PS3 game guru.