Cooks' Guild Meeting

  • kenduskeagstream
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14, 2006
      I guess I put a reminder off the Endewearde list about the Cooks' Guild
      meeting on Wednesday, but I forgot to put a reminder off this list as
      well. Consider this the reminder I guess! It will be Wednesday -
      tomorrow - at 7:00. As often in the past, it will be a general
      medieval potluck. If making something is too much for you for this
      meeting, just grab some bread or cheese at the store and come on over.

      Margaret
    • ladybrynmillar
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
        Can't make it. I have fencing tonight. Maybe some evening cooks
        guild meeting in December will work on for my schedule.

        Bryn

        --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "kenduskeagstream"
        <kenduskeagstream@...> wrote:

        > I guess I put a reminder off the Endewearde list about the Cooks'
        Guild
        > meeting on Wednesday, but I forgot to put a reminder off this list
        as
        > well. Consider this the reminder I guess! It will be Wednesday -
        > tomorrow - at 7:00. As often in the past, it will be a general
        > medieval potluck. If making something is too much for you for
        this
        > meeting, just grab some bread or cheese at the store and come on
        over.

        > Margaret

      • Doug Saball
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
          Greetings Lady Margaret,

          It will be rare that myself & Ecluath will make it to the cooking guild meetings.  Wednesdays are either the Neville Company meetings or church.  However, I wish to share that we are planning our first Winter feast & boffer tournament on Dec. 2 for the youth.  Sir John has invited a local LARP group so we expect about 40 to 50 people (mostly youth).  I am using recipes from the Gode Cookery and we will be discussing the menu tonight.

          Thank you for you help and guidance.

          Dougal

          <kenduskeagstream@ ...> wrote:

          > I guess I put a reminder off the Endewearde list about the Cooks'
          Guild
          > meeting on Wednesday, but I forgot to put a reminder off this list
          as
          > well. Consider this the reminder I guess! It will be Wednesday -
          > tomorrow - at 7:00. As often in the past, it will be a general
          > medieval potluck. If making something is too much for you for
          this
          > meeting, just grab some bread or cheese at the store and come on
          over.

          > Margaret

          Sponsored Link

          Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo - Calculate new house payment

        • freida smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 15, 2006
            Hi Doug,
            My son was wondering when and where the fighting would be. He would like to have more play time.
            thank you
            sincerely
            freida

          • Doug Saball
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2006
              Hi Freida,

              I am with the Neville Companye which is not part of the SCA.  It is run by Sir John Atwell (Ramsdead) who is on the Endewearde list.  They do LIVE STEEL but for adults only.  We have about 4 events planned so far for next year.

              The Wednesday (1st & 3rd of the month & 5th when appropriate) are held at the Augusta Recreational Department at the Buker School on Armory Street (across from Shaw's on Western Ave,).  This is a youth oriented program ages 13 & up.  Boffers are used = PVC pipe with swimming noodle & duc tape.  Unlike SCA we do not use body padding or helmets.  So emphasis is made on "pulling the blows" and strike zones (arms, legs & torso) Head shots are NOT allowed!

              Presently we have about 35 youth and 5 to 7 adults at the meetings.  It varies due to commitments etc.  During the winter months we are working on making garb, music, calligraphy and the winter feast for Dec. 2.

              Sir John has invited the local LARP group from Jefferson to join us for a boffer tournament on Dec. 2.  The event will run from 6 to 9 pm.  As I mentioned we also meet on the 5th Wednesday so if you want or can to join on Oct 29th you will be able to come to the Dec. event.  We live in Unity and I work in Augusta so it is easier for us to be involved here than to travel to Old town/Bangor for youth fighting.  Plus my boys are 16, 18, & 20 and they like the opportunity to eventually do live steel with armor = IMPRESSIVE!

              For more information you can check out the Neville Companye web page or contact Sir John (Cc on this email).  http://mysite.verizon.net/nevillecompanye/

              Thank you for you request,

              Dougal the Black of the Barn (aka Doug Saball)

              freida smith <fis1965@...> wrote:
              Hi Doug,
              My son was wondering when and where the fighting would be. He would like to have more play time.
              thank you
              sincerely
              freida

              Sponsored Link

              Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

            • leofwynofwhit
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 16 6:53 PM
                Great party!

                Leo