medieval recipes for seafood

  • ladybrynmillar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2006
      Has anyone tried any period recipes for seafood? A few years
      ago "when I had time"(WIHT), Jordan and I tried a recipe from Pleyn
      Delit consisting of boneless haddock, bread, and as I recall, lots
      of butter (wow!). It was pretty good but I would cut down the butter
      considerably (for my own sake).

      Summer heat and lower seafood prices seem like a nice opportunity to
      try to adapt some type of period seafood dish. I'm not a fan of
      anything with tenacles (no squid!), I dislike fish bones so I avoid
      some types of fish, and I have to admit that I have no desire to try
      any dish that has "eel" as an ingredient. Other types of fish and
      shellfish I regard as quite yummy, except for clams that haven't
      been cleaned (ick!). I've found shark or some other very mild
      tasting fish might be a good platform for further experimentation.

      Anyone have any fish or seafood recipes they have tried?

      Bryn