Food Safety Workshop

  • Mary M
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2006
      Greetings to my cousins to the North!

      I am shamelessly sending this post from the Malagentian list in the
      hopes that some of you can make it down on a weekday to attend. The
      S Portland class IS full. Aelfwyn & I are enrolled in the Lisbon
      Falls (4/10) class and are hoping that enough people enroll so they
      can offer the class. Apparently this is normally offered spring &
      fall, but the presenter will be on a sabbatical when it would
      normally be offered again.

      Subject: Food Safety Workshop

      "To help organizations provide safe food, the University of Maine
      Cooperative Extension is offering a workshop, "Cooking for Crowds; A
      Volunteer's
      Food
      Safety Training." Participants in the 5 hour workshop will learn up
      to date
      methods for safely handling and preparing food for large groups. The
      workshop is
      appropriate for nonprofit food providers such as churches,
      fraternal
      organizations and civic groups. It is free and participants will
      receive a
      "Cooking
      for Crowds" food safety manual, certificate of attendance, instant
      read
      thermometer and posters. "Cooking for Crowds" will be offered this
      Spring at the
      following locations:
      April 10, 10 AM to 3 PM, Androscoggin/Sagadahoc County Extension
      Office, 24
      Main St., Lisbon Falls. Persons interested in attending are asked to
      register before April 3 by calling Lois at 1-800-287-1471.
      April 13, 10 AM to 3 PM, at the South Portland Recreation Center at
      21
      Nelson St. Persons interested in attending are asked to register
      before April 6
      by
      calling Lois at 1-800-287-1471."

      Even though Maine does not YET require a Serve Safe certified person
      in
      all SCA kitchens, it might well be coming soon and this part of
      the training
      is free.

      Heidi/Aelfwyn

      I hope you see you here (or on the 22nd at Fort Knox)!

      YIS

      Lady Mary of the High Hills
      (going back to lurker mode in the south lands)