444Re: Greetings

  • Aneleda Falconbridge
    Jul 16 10:15 AM
      Welcome!

      You're not far from our NEXT meeting! It will be in Pittsfield on the 19th (Thurs. this week!)

      If you're not on the regular Endewearde yahoo group, I strongly encourage you to join it too!

      I hope to meet you Thursday if you can make it!

      Cheers!

      Aneleda

      * * *

      Thursday July 19, 2012 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
      295 Main Street, Pittsfield, Maine (map)

      The quarterly shire meeting will be held at Maine Central Institute high school in Pittsfield, Maine. The location is the E. Robert Kinney conference room in the Student Center (#12 on the pdf map link below). It is the dining hall building and is right behind the central building with the bell tower, Founders Hall (#5 on the map).

      http://www.mci-school.org/uploaded/PDFs/2010_11map.pdf

      Driving directions to Pittsfield (Exit 150 off Interstate 95) are available at
      http://www.mci-school.org/page.cfm?p=377
      or you may follow these directions:

      Take I-95 to exit 150. From the South, bear right, from the North, bear left onto Somerset Ave.

      Go about one mile, turn right at the first traffic light onto Main St. Cross over railroad tracks. MCI is approximately 1/4 mile on the right. The road to turn onto campus is hidden directly after the white church on Stinson Ave.

      Turn right after the church and go straight

      down the road. There are three sets of roads to your left. Go past the

      first row of brick buildings; the second road is partially blocked off (and will be torn down). Turn left down the third (last) road.

      The Student Center will be the first building on the left side of that third road. That road is treated as one way on campus. Parking is available just beyond the building.

      Questions or meeting agenda items can be addressed to Lord Otto Gottleib at
      seneschal@...

      --- In Endewearde_cooks@yahoogroups.com, "Emile & Irene" <ejcimd@...> wrote:

      > It seems appropriate to drop in and say; hello!
      >
      > I am very new to the SCA. So far I've done a fair amount of reading and have found so many things that would be interesting to try. At the moment I'm research culture's that interest me the most so I can begin to develop a persona.
      >
      > Why is it that so many of them are amazing?
      >
      > It is so difficult to pick one; although I'd prefer to find something slightly uncommon, but not so unique that I can't find proper historical reference or it takes lots of time spent with my nose in dusty tomes.
      >
      > I live in Belgrade so I'm a little ways away from where it seems most meetings are held but I'm willing to drive so I can meet other people.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic