Re: [EndeweardeTailor] New garb for my boy!

  • L T
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2012

      I've always thought that the 14th century jupon would look nice on a tall, young man. The cut of the sleeves and shoulder look like they offer good mobility. You also get to make lots of little buttons (if you want).

      Bryn /Lisa

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
        Oh I like these and can "see" Jacob in them!

        http://historicenterprises.com/doublet-of-charles-of-blois-circa-1360-p-893.html?cPath=99_108

        http://historicenterprises.com/coat-pleated-15th-century-p-571.html?cPath=99_109

        --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <jorie6568@...> wrote:

        > As we have been making new armor for Jacob, it struck me that he needs new garb. However, he does not know what he wants except that, being Jacob, he doesn't want a plain old boring T-tunic. Suggestions anyone? He is very skinny. And tall.
        > Sara

      • leofwynofwhit
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
          And he would look so good in this too:

          http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/men/MoroniGentlemanPink.jpg

          or this:

          http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/men/VENETOLodovicoMartinengo.jpg

          He's got the legs, he should show them off! :)

          Leo

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > As we have been making new armor for Jacob, it struck me that he needs new garb. However, he does not know what he wants except that, being Jacob, he doesn't want a plain old boring T-tunic. Suggestions anyone? He is very skinny. And tall.
          > Sara

        • leofwynofwhit
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
            Oh yes, and check out this site for ideas too:

            http://www.osfcostumerentals.org/costumes.html