New garb for my boy!

  • Marjorie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2012
      As we have been making new armor for Jacob, it struck me that he needs new garb. However, he does not know what he wants except that, being Jacob, he doesn't want a plain old boring T-tunic. Suggestions anyone? He is very skinny. And tall.
      Sara
    • L T
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2012

        I've always thought that the 14th century jupon would look nice on a tall, young man. The cut of the sleeves and shoulder look like they offer good mobility. You also get to make lots of little buttons (if you want).

        Bryn /Lisa

        As we have been making new armor for Jacob, it struck me that he needs new garb. However, he does not know what he wants except that, being Jacob, he doesn't want a plain old boring T-tunic. Suggestions anyone? He is very skinny. And tall.
        Sara

      • leofwynofwhit
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
          Oh I like these and can "see" Jacob in them!

          http://historicenterprises.com/doublet-of-charles-of-blois-circa-1360-p-893.html?cPath=99_108

          http://historicenterprises.com/coat-pleated-15th-century-p-571.html?cPath=99_109

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > As we have been making new armor for Jacob, it struck me that he needs new garb. However, he does not know what he wants except that, being Jacob, he doesn't want a plain old boring T-tunic. Suggestions anyone? He is very skinny. And tall.
          > Sara

        • leofwynofwhit
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
            And he would look so good in this too:

            http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/men/MoroniGentlemanPink.jpg

            or this:

            http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/men/VENETOLodovicoMartinengo.jpg

            He's got the legs, he should show them off! :)

            Leo

            --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Marjorie" <jorie6568@...> wrote:

            > As we have been making new armor for Jacob, it struck me that he needs new garb. However, he does not know what he wants except that, being Jacob, he doesn't want a plain old boring T-tunic. Suggestions anyone? He is very skinny. And tall.
            > Sara

          • leofwynofwhit
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
              Oh yes, and check out this site for ideas too:

              http://www.osfcostumerentals.org/costumes.html