  • Keith Richards
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2010
      Yes, the shoulders are an issue with mine, too.  Probably less so that others, since my shoulders are quite broad.  Anyhow, here's a whole bunch of ideas.  You can either move the straps in a bit or take out about an inch or two from the center front.  It may also be the shape of the strap, I think I remember doing some alterations to my first dress by altering the angle of the strap, making them more right angled and losing about .5 inch from the inner neckline corner on both sides, making them shorter may also work (but that makes the sleeve trickier).  If I made another, I would use the bodice pattern that I modified from this pattern with all the little tweaks done in linen.  If you really think you'll be making more, take the time to cut mock-ups in fabric and sew it together, cutting, pinning, adjusting... then take it apart when you think its perfect and use those pieces to make your own custom fit pattern in nice new linen with whatever notes you need on them.  That way, you just have to invent the wheel once.

      Bon Chance,
      Clare

      Visit my shop at: www.FrivolousThings.etsy.com