Re: newest project

  • leofwynofwhit
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2010
      I pinned mine to my bra straps!!! Of course, not sure if Nevell owns any bras.....don't really want to know actually.... :)

      Leo

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

      > But shoulders?  How do you keep shoulders up with straight pins?

    • Matthew Johnston
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2010
        Pin them to your chemise/shift/under shirt.

        If contemporary artists in central Europe can be believed - though be careful with allegorical scenes - then shoulders slipping down was also a problem (?...I don't have a problem with it...) with some dresses in what's now Germany and Switzerland (which along with Italian fashions had a pretty strong influence on the tudor styles). There are many paintings and woodcuts which show at least one shoulder of a dress slipping off. I'd have to go back through my library to see if it seems to be mainly courtisans, prostitutes, and camp followers trying to look provocative by showing some shoulder, or if it was more acceptable and widespread than that.

        Matt

        --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com <mailto:EndeweardeTailor%40yahoogroups.com> , Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

        > But shoulders?  How do you keep shoulders up with straight pins?

      • Jason goodrich
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24, 2010
          do not own or wear a bra... for the record....

          On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM, leofwynofwhit <elamache@...> wrote:

          I pinned mine to my bra straps!!! Of course, not sure if Nevell owns any bras.....don't really want to know actually.... :)

          Leo

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > But shoulders?  How do you keep shoulders up with straight pins?

        • freida smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2010
            a staple would work