Re: wool flannel fabric

  • Rachel Case
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
      Does anyone else have ideas on where to find wool flannel fabric? I'm looking for wool that is appropriate for gowns--lighter weight than wool you might use for cloaks, for example.
      Thanks,
      Agatha
    • Margaret Rochester
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
        I don't know of any particular place to get such wool.  But try searching with the words 'summer weight' or 'tropical weight' wool rather than wool 'flannel'.  Flannel has a particular structure.  It seems you don't care so much about that structure as the weight.

        Margaret

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
          Thanks! I'll give it a try--I wasn't sure if there was a particular online source for wool that is good. :)
          Agatha
        • Marjorie Adams
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
            There used to be a place in Farmington that sold some wool.  Pins & Needles I think it was called.  I am not sure if she is still open though.  My sister might know...

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
              Cool! If you find out, could you let me know?
              Thanks,
              Agatha