Ao Dai

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2009
      Hi all,
      Well, I tried it. I made the Ao dai. Heck, I even bought the matching hat. I didn't quite finish the fastenings, because by that time I noticed something... It was not especially flattering on me. So, if anyone wants to take over my ao dai, let me know. It's a rosy red with nice white flowy pants.

      Luckily, I've slimmed since the winter and will be able to fit back into my cotehardies for GNEW. Whoo.

      Hope your experiments go better!
      Lady Clare
    • Marjorie Adams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
        Well, we would be more than happy to come try it on and see how it looks.  Why do you think it looks unflattering?  Can we fix it so it is not?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
          Yay, I think it would look better on one of you. With me, it's the shoulder issue. I think I need a neckline that breaks up the expanse.

          Clare

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > Well, we would be more than happy to come try it on and see how it looks.  Why do you think it looks unflattering?  Can we fix it so it is not?

        • Rachel Case
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
            I'm interested in what an ao dai is. Is it a dress? Do you have pictures?
            Woefully Uninformed--
            Agatha :)

            --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Wendi" <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:

            > Yay, I think it would look better on one of you. With me, it's the shoulder issue. I think I need a neckline that breaks up the expanse.
            >
            > Clare
            >
            > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Well, we would be more than happy to come try it on and see how it looks.  Why do you think it looks unflattering?  Can we fix it so it is not?

          • Marjorie Adams
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
              Traditional Vietnamese.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2009
                --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                > Traditional Vietnamese.
                >
                > --- On Tue, 6/30/09, Rachel Case <knittyprincess@...> wrote:

                I think you should have Keith take a picture and post it here so we can see how it looks on you. You spent a lot of time researching it.
                Cate