Re: wool flannel fabric

  • Rachel Case
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 26, 2009
      I did know about that website--they sell coat weight wool and it says they only sell in 1 yard increments. :(

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Jason goodrich <jbgood789@...> wrote:

      > Oxfordmill
      >
      > http://www.oxfordmillendstore.com/
      >
      > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Rachel Case <knittyprincess@...>wrote:
      >

      > > Greetings everyone--
      > > I'm looking for some wool flannel fabric for making a gown (probably a Moy
      > > gown). Does anyone know where wool can be purchased either online or locally
      > > for a good price?
      > > Agatha

    • Rachel Case
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
        Does anyone else have ideas on where to find wool flannel fabric? I'm looking for wool that is appropriate for gowns--lighter weight than wool you might use for cloaks, for example.
        Thanks,
        Agatha
      • Margaret Rochester
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1 2:31 AM
          I don't know of any particular place to get such wool.  But try searching with the words 'summer weight' or 'tropical weight' wool rather than wool 'flannel'.  Flannel has a particular structure.  It seems you don't care so much about that structure as the weight.

          Margaret

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1 4:18 AM
            Thanks! I'll give it a try--I wasn't sure if there was a particular online source for wool that is good. :)
            Agatha
          • Marjorie Adams
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1 4:49 AM
              There used to be a place in Farmington that sold some wool.  Pins & Needles I think it was called.  I am not sure if she is still open though.  My sister might know...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1 5:15 AM
                Cool! If you find out, could you let me know?
                Thanks,
                Agatha