wool flannel fabric

  • Rachel Case
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2009
      Greetings everyone--
      I'm looking for some wool flannel fabric for making a gown (probably a Moy gown). Does anyone know where wool can be purchased either online or locally for a good price?
      Agatha
    • Jason goodrich

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 26, 2009
          I did know about that website--they sell coat weight wool and it says they only sell in 1 yard increments. :(

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Jason goodrich <jbgood789@...> wrote:

          > Oxfordmill
          >
          > http://www.oxfordmillendstore.com/
          >
          > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Rachel Case <knittyprincess@...>wrote:
          >

          > > Greetings everyone--
          > > I'm looking for some wool flannel fabric for making a gown (probably a Moy
          > > gown). Does anyone know where wool can be purchased either online or locally
          > > for a good price?
          > > Agatha

        • Rachel Case
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
            Does anyone else have ideas on where to find wool flannel fabric? I'm looking for wool that is appropriate for gowns--lighter weight than wool you might use for cloaks, for example.
            Thanks,
            Agatha
          • Margaret Rochester
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
              I don't know of any particular place to get such wool.  But try searching with the words 'summer weight' or 'tropical weight' wool rather than wool 'flannel'.  Flannel has a particular structure.  It seems you don't care so much about that structure as the weight.

              Margaret

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
                Thanks! I'll give it a try--I wasn't sure if there was a particular online source for wool that is good. :)
                Agatha
              • Marjorie Adams
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
                  There used to be a place in Farmington that sold some wool.  Pins & Needles I think it was called.  I am not sure if she is still open though.  My sister might know...

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
                    Cool! If you find out, could you let me know?
                    Thanks,
                    Agatha