Re: kirtle lacing again

  • Rachel Case
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6 6:42 AM
      Seems I'm having my own little monologue here--I've been looking for pictures on the web showing how to make lacing eyelets for kirtles and where to place them. It looks like the eyelets are sewn in a staggered pattern with the top two and bottom two lining up. Does that sound right?
      Agatha

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel Case" <knittyprincess@...> wrote:

      > should the holes be put in in an alternating pattern? Not straight across from each other so that the spiral lacing looks good?
      > YIS
      > Agatha

    • Marjorie Adams
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6 6:46 AM
        Yes!  It will look better.  I have them done both ways, though.

        Seems I'm having my own little monologue here--I've been looking for pictures on the web showing how to make lacing eyelets for kirtles and where to place them. It looks like the eyelets are sewn in a staggered pattern with the top two and bottom two lining up. Does that sound right?
        Agatha

        --- In EndeweardeTailor@ yahoogroups. com, "Rachel Case" <knittyprincess@ ...> wrote:

        > should the holes be put in in an alternating pattern? Not straight across from each other so that the spiral lacing looks good?
        > YIS
        > Agatha

      • Mary M
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7 7:07 AM
          try the Zen of Spiral Lacing:  http://www.festiveattyre.com/research/lacing/lacing.html

          yis

          Mary

        • Rachel Case
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7 7:35 AM
            Thanks, Sara and Mary for the advice! The Zen of Spiral Lacing website is perfect for what I need. :)
            YIS Agatha