Re:completely OT: eyelashes

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 26, 2008
      I once read in a magazine that you should cut them in half before
      applying them.

      Clare.

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kelley" <kelley_rambo@...>
      wrote:

      > Yes, eyelash adhesive. They are the full type, but they didn't come
      > with any tweezer-type tool. And, yes, for Halloween.
      >
      > I suck at putting them on. can't get the hang of it - no matter which
      > side I start from , they bunch up in the middle of my lid. Maybe I'm
      > just too old and saggy for false eyelashes? Too bad, 'cause they're
      > cute with little rhinestones on them. :(
      > cate
      >
      > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Meghan Hannington
      > <knutmeg80@> wrote:
      > >
      > > When you say that you have adhesive, do you mean that you have a
      > glue that you put onto the false lashes yourself? I've only gotten
      > that kind once and they were a huge pain. Are they the full eye type
      > and not just the little extensions that are just a few hairs?
      > >
      > > If they are the full ones: If they came with the tweezer-type tool,
      > I'd hold the lashes with the tweezers, apply a very fine line of
      > adhesive to the lashes, then very carefully place the lashes as close
      > to your natural lashes as possible. I've learned not to pull up to
      > hard on my eyelid, as that distorts the shape of the lash line and
      > makes it difficult to apply the lashes correctly. Just lift up on
      > your eyelid very gently to pull the skin up away from your lashes a
      > little bit, and slowly set the lashes where you want them to be,
      > working from the outside edge of your eye and working toward the
      > inside. Just do it a little at a time across your eyelid. Also,
      > before you start, make sure the false lashes are a bit shorter in
      > width than your eye itself. Nothing is more irritating to the inside
      > corner of your eye than a little bit of lash poking there. Then use
      > eyeliner to camoflage the false lash line and you are good to go!
      > >
      > > And, if you don't mind me saying so, your eyes and lashes are
      > beautiful. What's with the false lashes? I'm assuming it must be a
      > halloween thing...

    • Leofwyn of Wytleseie
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 27, 2008
        I was thinking of suggesting that you cut them in half, but then I didn't think I knew what I was talking about cause I was such a tomboy that I never used them.

        Leo
        aka Leofwyn of Wytleseie

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 28, 2008
          I suppose I could try that. I need something to do for Halloween - I
          hear they're playing Rocky Horror Picture Show in Waterville - I've
          never seen it. Anyone want to go? It's at midnight.
          cate

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Leofwyn of Wytleseie
          <elamache@...> wrote:

          > I was thinking of suggesting that you cut them in half, but then I
          didn't think I knew what I was talking about cause I was such a tomboy
          that I never used them.

          > Leo
          > aka Leofwyn of Wytleseie

        • Marge
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 29, 2008
            My teens have been wanting to go. Is that at Railroad Square Cinema?
            They used to do it every year...

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 29, 2008
              That's what I'm told - at midnight - I'd love an excuse to wear my
              cool pink wig again. I think I might even take the picture of it to
              the hair dresser and have my hair cut that way. Need to do something
              different (I won't dye my hair pink, though).
              cate