Tablet weaving yarn

  • Rachel Case
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
      Greetings all!
      I am looking for tablet weaving yarn, in wool and cotton. Does anyone
      know of a source or sources for this kind of yarn?
      Thanks,
      Agatha
    • L T
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
        Have you tried Halcyon Yarn in Bath? They can do mail order and the store is lots of fun to visit.

        Bryn

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
          These folks have been at both Birka and GNEW:

          White Wolf and the Phoenix
          Mistress Megan O'Donnelly (Mary Jane Houghton)
          5412 Lakeford Lane, Bowie, MD 20720
          megan@...
          whitewolfandphoenix.com

          I find that their prices are as good as any other (better in some
          cases, I think) and they have a variety of yarns (linen & silk, too)
          that work well as they specialize in tablet/inkle weaving. I bought
          the little wooden shuttle I use for tabletweaving from them.

          cate

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel Case"