meeting

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 7, 2005
      How about Thursday evening? I am open to suggestions and I'm still
      pretty flexable. Who is interested?

      Kim
    • Marge Adams
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 16, 2005
        --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kabergmann@a...> wrote:

        > How about Thursday evening? I am open to suggestions and I'm still
        > pretty flexable. Who is interested?
        >
        > Kim

        Sorry I didn't get to reply to your suggestion, Kim. We are finally
        home from Boston. We actually came home Thusday evening. Kelsey and
        I have been busy with the Medieval Tailor's Apprentice, though we
        haven't had a chance to pick up from where we left off Wed before we
        came home.

        I am really curious about what everyone is working on. I also have a
        couple of questions. My boys would like their Mongolian dels made of
        silk. I am also looking for some wool to work with. I would actually
        like to be able to physically put my hands on some before I buy some
        on the internet. Does anyone know if there are any good sources
        around.

        I would also like to know what would be appropriate lacing for a linen
        kirtle.

        Thanks,
        Marge
      • Kim
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 16, 2005
          I could do a Wed evening. Kids are fine. Elizabeth is about the same
          age as Josie. I have the living room gated off as a kid safe play
          room. Unless someone else wants to host? If a bunch of us can get
          together than we could make it an official first meeting and set up a
          regular day and time.

          Kim
        • Christine Wright
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 17, 2005
            A Wednesday would work okay for me, too. Maddie would be coming with me, it
            sounds like the kids will have a fun time! We won't be able to stay much
            past 7 PM. How early could everyone get together?

            -Ysabiau

            > I could do a Wed evening. Kids are fine. Elizabeth is about the same
            > age as Josie. I have the living room gated off as a kid safe play
            > room. Unless someone else wants to host? If a bunch of us can get
            > together than we could make it an official first meeting and set up a
            > regular day and time.
            >

            > Kim
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Marge Adams
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 17, 2005
              Wednesday would be great for us. We are going to archery practice
              Tuesday and have to go to Boston for a clinic visit on Friday. The
              day is wide open surprisingly enough so we can come at whatever time
              works for everyone else. I'll bring the books I mentioned
              previously if anyone would like to look.

              We'll need an address and/or directions (we're coming from Anson.)
              What else should we bring?
              Marge (and Kelsey)

              --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Christine Wright"
              <ysabiau@u...> wrote:

              > A Wednesday would work okay for me, too. Maddie would be coming
              with me, it
              > sounds like the kids will have a fun time! We won't be able to
              stay much
              > past 7 PM. How early could everyone get together?
              >
              > -Ysabiau

            • Christine Wright
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 17, 2005
                I've run into a bit of a snag with this Wednesday (19th). I take classes at
                Unity College, and the writing program I'm in is having a get-together from
                7:30-8:30. Is it possible we could meet next week on Wednesday?

                -Ysabiau

              • jorie6568@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 17, 2005
                  I don't know about anyone else, but next Wednesday is
                  okay too. We could do both if others want, but we
                  have plenty to keep us busy if not.
                  Marge

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Kimberly LaMarre
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 18, 2005
                    At this point in the week, I was thinking about next Wednesday as well. I
                    want to be sure that Elizabeth and I have not gotten the cold that Ryan had
                    before I have people over. Also, I would like to give a little more notice
                    to the main list in case there is someone there who is interested, but isn't
                    on this list.

                    Kim

                    I don't know about anyone else, but next Wednesday is
                    okay too. We could do both if others want, but we
                    have plenty to keep us busy if not.
                    Marge

                    --- Christine Wright <ysabiau@...> wrote:

                    > I've run into a bit of a snag with this Wednesday
                    > (19th). I take classes at
                    > Unity College, and the writing program I'm in is
                    > having a get-together from
                    > 7:30-8:30. Is it possible we could meet next week
                    > on Wednesday?
                    >
                    > -Ysabiau

                  • Doug Saball
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 18, 2005
                      Greetings Ysabiau,

                      All my Wednesdays or taken, but then again I am not sure how many "taylor" meetings I would attend.

                      I hand stiched a hood a few weeks ago for the hunt.  It is out of dark cordaroy and when worn with the cord inside it looks like canvis.  I took me about 6 hours from design to finish.  Mary sewed one on the machine for Peter in less than 15 minutes!.  Mary also sewed up a "large-baggy" T-tunic for me.  Boy machines are so much quicker!!!

                      I have a few ideas for my archer & luthier garb, but Mary is having trouble finding something for a modest Irish dress for early Middle ages.  We have looked at pic's/images on the web and she has only seen a few dresses that she kind of likes.  Any Ideas?

                      Ysabiau, where we live so close we could set up an alternate time, if Mary has some free time...

                      Marge, I am glad things are going well for your daughter (I'm praying for her & you all).  Have you found any Mongolian garb for your boys?  If not I can email a fellow Luthier @ Rutgers who is a Mongolian archer in SCA.

                      Doug Saball
                      Unity, ME

                      Christine Wright <ysabiau@...> wrote:
                      I've run into a bit of a snag with this Wednesday (19th).  I take classes at
                      Unity College, and the writing program I'm in is having a get-together from
                      7:30-8:30.  Is it possible we could meet next week on Wednesday?

                      -Ysabiau

                      > Wednesday would be great for us.  We are going to archery practice
                      > Tuesday and have to go to Boston for a clinic visit on Friday. The
                      > day is wide open surprisingly enough so we can come at whatever time
                      > works for everyone else.  I'll bring the books I mentioned
                      > previously if anyone would like to look.
                      >
                      > We'll need an address and/or directions (we're coming from Anson.)
                      > What else should we bring?
                      > Marge (and Kelsey)
                      >

                      > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Christine Wright"
                      > <ysabiau@u...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > A Wednesday would work okay for me, too.  Maddie would be coming
                      > with me, it
                      > > sounds like the kids will have a fun time!  We won't be able to
                      > stay much
                      > > past 7 PM.  How early could everyone get together?
                      > >
                      > > -Ysabiau

                    • Christine Wright
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 18, 2005
                        I still want to go down to Fairfield, but setting up another time in Unity is fine by me.  I have fencing practice at the College on Saturday afternoons, but other than that I don't have much scheduled.  There are a few people up at the College who either are in the SCA or want to join, so it's possible some of them might like to meet up too.  I'll check around and see what I find out.  Doug, please let me know what days work best for you and your family.

                        -Ysabiau

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 18, 2005
                          The earliest I can be ready for people is at 4. 5 would be a little
                          better. I can easily make up a pot of spagetti and meatballs if
                          people--especially the kids--are going to be around at dinner time.
                          How many people are going to try to make it? Are there any other
                          problems with the day? It can still be changed to any evening except
                          Tuesday if there are a bunch of people who can't do a Wednesday.

                          Kim

                          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly LaMarre"

                        • jorie6568@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 19, 2005
                            Tuesday isn't good for us either and neither is
                            Friday, but we could do Monday if that is better for
                            others. (The other days may be doable, just not
                            ideal.) We are also fairly flexible on time of day.

                            If you are making food, we want to help out. What
                            would you like us to bring?

                            I'm thinking of going on a fabric mission right off.
                            Does anyone know if Marden's still has material? I
                            haven't been to the one in Waterville in ages.

                            Thanks,
                            Marge

                            __________________________________
                            Yahoo! Music Unlimited
                            http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
                          • jorie6568@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 19, 2005
                              --- Doug Saball <dr_douglittle@...> wrote:

                              > Marge, I am glad things are going well for your
                              > daughter (I'm praying for her & you all). Have you
                              > found any Mongolian garb for your boys? If not I
                              > can email a fellow Luthier @ Rutgers who is a
                              > Mongolian archer in SCA.
                              >
                              > Doug Saball
                              > Unity, ME

                              Doug,
                              Thank you for your prayers for Jossilyn. She is a
                              feisty little thing and continues to amaze her doctors
                              with how well she has come through everything so far.
                              Evidently she does not look like a typical
                              post-transplant patient. (But we are not out of the
                              woods yet.)

                              We are still researching the Mongolian garb for the
                              boys. James has helped and others have sent a few
                              links to me also. I am hesitating on drafting my own
                              pattern, guess I was hoping someone would be able to
                              give me a little more concrete info than what I have
                              received so far. If you think your friend could be
                              helpful, I would appreciate it.
                              Thanks,
                              Marge

                              __________________________________
                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • Christine Wright
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 19, 2005
                                We are planning on coming (me & Maddie). 4 or 5 is great! I don't think we
                                have any other afternoon/evening plans for next week, so if the day needs to
                                change from Wednesday that's fine by me!

                                -Ysabiau

                                > The earliest I can be ready for people is at 4. 5 would be a little
                                > better. I can easily make up a pot of spagetti and meatballs if
                                > people--especially the kids--are going to be around at dinner time.
                                > How many people are going to try to make it? Are there any other
                                > problems with the day? It can still be changed to any evening except
                                > Tuesday if there are a bunch of people who can't do a Wednesday.
                                >
                                > Kim
                                >

                                > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly LaMarre"
                                > <kalamarre@a...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > At this point in the week, I was thinking about next Wednesday as
                                > well. I
                                > > want to be sure that Elizabeth and I have not gotten the cold that
                                > Ryan had
                                > > before I have people over. Also, I would like to give a little
                                > more notice
                                > > to the main list in case there is someone there who is interested,
                                > but isn't
                                > > on this list.
                                > >
                                > > Kim

                              • Kim
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 19, 2005
                                  Marden's has moved into the old Walmart building on KMD and they still
                                  have a fabric department.

                                  Kim

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 13, 2005
                                    Hello all,

                                    From the results of the poll, it looks like we will be doing 2
                                    meetings a month and Monday seemed to win out as the alternate for
                                    Wednesday. I would like to hold the next meeting on the 30th in order
                                    to give proper notice to the group. Next month will probably be
                                    sketchy--maybe we could do Monday the 12th for our next meeting and
                                    make it the 2nd Monday and 4th Wednesday of every month starting after
                                    the holidays. Let me know if the 30th at 5 works and if there are no
                                    huge conflicts then I will post it to the main group and calander. I
                                    was thinking potluck munchies or sandwiches for this one and actually
                                    get some sewing done.

                                    Kim
                                  • Christine Wright
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 14, 2005
                                      Sounds good to me, I'll plan on the 30th!

                                      -Ysabiau