Re: OK ladies field trip

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
      Where is that located? I passed a store on the way to Ellsworth last
      week that sells silk and upholstery fabrics (wrong direction, I know).

      So, would we call you Vassa or Leesa for short?
      Cate

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "freida" <fis1965@...> wrote:

      > there also a fabric warehouse with wool and the leather store in the
      area.
      > so we could hit a number of stores
      > freida
      >
      > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
      > <jorie6568@> wrote:
      > >
      > > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I think. There is
      > also that thread place Mira talked about last night. She says it has
      > all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place not far from
      that...
      > > Sara
      > >
      > > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@> wrote:
      > > Yeah, I vote a weekend too....since I am enslaved and
      > chained to my desk for 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday...oh the
      > drudgery.....
      > >
      > > This weekend is going to be messy.....so I vote next weekend when my
      > hubby is going to be working on Saturday and won't be able to be
      > around to cater to my every whim and desire.... :)
      > >
      > > And if we decided that trying on helms wasn't enough, we could find
      > a fabric store and check out fabrics, and sewing stuff, and
      > accessories....
      > >
      > > And I bet Meghan would vote for lunch.... cause it is one of her
      > absolute favorite things to do...... :)
      > >
      > > Leo
      > >
      > > Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@> wrote:
      > > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We
      > should call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we
      > strike out on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with
      > alternate destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
      > > Sara
      > >
      > > Cate <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
      > > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who has a
      > bunch
      > > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
      > > Cate
      > >
      > > In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "freida" <fis1965@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > in the past a bunch of us crazy lasses wanted to try out helms when
      > > > should we be planning this.
      > > > freida
      > > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > Try it now.
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!
      > Search.

    • L T
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
        I vote for Vassa for short.

        Lisa
        (Bryn, who is considering registering "Lisa" as part
        of her sca name)

        PS The full Russian name sounds very nice.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • L T
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
          Thread place? Where? Are you talking about Halcyon
          Yarn in Bath? If not Halcyon, then what is the place?
          What type of "thread"?

          Fabric warehouse with wool? Where? Hard to find real
          wool - everything has gone over to polyester fleece.

          I know there is a leather store in Hartland - they
          sell to lots of sca leather merchants. Bring cash or
          major credit card if you visit - they don't take
          checks. They are only open limited hours on saturday.
          I think the name of the place is American Leather.
          Lots of nice colored little remmant bits for small
          projects. I believe they do chemical processing of the
          leather if that matters to people. Quite an
          interesting storefront to visit.

          Lisa

          --- freida <fis1965@...> wrote:

          > there also a fabric warehouse with wool and the
          > leather store in the area.
          > so we could hit a number of stores
          > freida
          >
          > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie
          > Adams
          > <jorie6568@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I
          > think. There is
          > also that thread place Mira talked about last night.
          > She says it has
          > all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place
          > not far from that...
          > > Sara

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Cate
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
            I don't think Hartland or Bath are anywhere near Cooper's Mills
            (although Halcyon is an interesting place). Perhaps it's something
            small and remote like the silk place I passed the other day.
            Oooh, the suspense!
            Cate

            --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote:

            > Thread place? Where? Are you talking about Halcyon
            > Yarn in Bath? If not Halcyon, then what is the place?
            > What type of "thread"?
            >
            > Fabric warehouse with wool? Where? Hard to find real
            > wool - everything has gone over to polyester fleece.
            >
            > I know there is a leather store in Hartland - they
            > sell to lots of sca leather merchants. Bring cash or
            > major credit card if you visit - they don't take
            > checks. They are only open limited hours on saturday.
            > I think the name of the place is American Leather.
            > Lots of nice colored little remmant bits for small
            > projects. I believe they do chemical processing of the
            > leather if that matters to people. Quite an
            > interesting storefront to visit.
            >
            > Lisa
            >
            > --- freida <fis1965@...> wrote:
            >
            > > there also a fabric warehouse with wool and the
            > > leather store in the area.
            > > so we could hit a number of stores
            > > freida
            > >
            > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie
            > > Adams
            > > <jorie6568@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I
            > > think. There is
            > > also that thread place Mira talked about last night.
            > > She says it has
            > > all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place
            > > not far from that...
            > > > Sara

            > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          • L T
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
              A good store is worth driving to in this state -
              especially as a cabin fever break. <smile>

              Lisa

            • freida smith
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                the places that I'm thinking about is in the city of Lewiston. I suck at names. the leather shop in a old shoe mill and the fabric warehouse, I believe is called that. the last time I was there they had wool at prices of $7.99 and 14.99. they had black,tan,brown,blue,reds and some pastels. I couldn't stay long because I had to go to the little girls room and they were very selfish about the use of the ladies room. both places are not very far from each other but you have to do a little fancy city driving.

                I really need to thank Brita again for the web sites that she sent me to help Logan at finding a name.
                I like the name Vasilissa Donets but Marge says I don't look like a Vasilissa. she thinks (I believe) that I look more like a Brunhilda. I do have to say it makes you chuckle. but  I can't seem to find a last name that sounds right to me.

                freida

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                  I do like Brunhilda. What language is it? Maybe we can help you find
                  a last name - although I don't think that is a good reason for someone
                  to change their name (just my opinion, ahem, Clare...who I still think
                  of as Gwen :) I'm just not good with change. <BG>
                  Cate

                  --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, freida smith <fis1965@...> wrote:

                  > the places that I'm thinking about is in the city of Lewiston. I
                  suck at names. the leather shop in a old shoe mill and the fabric
                  warehouse, I believe is called that. the last time I was there they
                  had wool at prices of $7.99 and 14.99. they had
                  black,tan,brown,blue,reds and some pastels. I couldn't stay long
                  because I had to go to the little girls room and they were very
                  selfish about the use of the ladies room. both places are not very
                  far from each other but you have to do a little fancy city driving.

                  > I really need to thank Brita again for the web sites that she sent
                  me to help Logan at finding a name.
                  > I like the name Vasilissa Donets but Marge says I don't look like a
                  Vasilissa. she thinks (I believe) that I look more like a Brunhilda. I
                  do have to say it makes you chuckle. but I can't seem to find a last
                  name that sounds right to me.

                  > freida
                  >

                  > L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote: A good
                  store is worth driving to in this state -
                  > especially as a cabin fever break. <smile>
                  >
                  > Lisa
                  >
                  > --- Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I don't think Hartland or Bath are anywhere near
                  > > Cooper's Mills
                  > > (although Halcyon is an interesting place). Perhaps
                  > > it's something
                  > > small and remote like the silk place I passed the
                  > > other day.
                  > > Oooh, the suspense!
                  > > Cate
                  > >

                  > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, L T
                  > > <ladybrynmillar@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Thread place? Where? Are you talking about Halcyon
                  > > > Yarn in Bath? If not Halcyon, then what is the
                  > > place?
                  > > > What type of "thread"?
                  > > >
                  > > > Fabric warehouse with wool? Where? Hard to find
                  > > real
                  > > > wool - everything has gone over to polyester
                  > > fleece.
                  > > >
                  > > > I know there is a leather store in Hartland - they
                  > > > sell to lots of sca leather merchants. Bring cash
                  > > or
                  > > > major credit card if you visit - they don't take
                  > > > checks. They are only open limited hours on
                  > > saturday.
                  > > > I think the name of the place is American Leather.
                  > >
                  > > > Lots of nice colored little remmant bits for small
                  > > > projects. I believe they do chemical processing of
                  > > the
                  > > > leather if that matters to people. Quite an
                  > > > interesting storefront to visit.
                  > > >
                  > > > Lisa

                  > > Marjorie

                  > > night.
                  > > place

                  > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
                  > > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  > > >

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >
                  > > (Yahoo! ID required)
                  > >
                  > > mailto:EndeweardeTailor-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------

                • Cate
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                    Here's a different spelling:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr

                    --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Cate" <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:

                    > I do like Brunhilda. What language is it? Maybe we can help you find
                    > a last name - although I don't think that is a good reason for someone
                    > to change their name (just my opinion, ahem, Clare...who I still think
                    > of as Gwen :) I'm just not good with change. <BG>
                    > Cate
                    >
                    > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, freida smith <fis1965@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > the places that I'm thinking about is in the city of Lewiston. I
                    > suck at names. the leather shop in a old shoe mill and the fabric
                    > warehouse, I believe is called that. the last time I was there they
                    > had wool at prices of $7.99 and 14.99. they had
                    > black,tan,brown,blue,reds and some pastels. I couldn't stay long
                    > because I had to go to the little girls room and they were very
                    > selfish about the use of the ladies room. both places are not very
                    > far from each other but you have to do a little fancy city driving.
                    > >
                    > > I really need to thank Brita again for the web sites that she sent
                    > me to help Logan at finding a name.
                    > > I like the name Vasilissa Donets but Marge says I don't look like a
                    > Vasilissa. she thinks (I believe) that I look more like a Brunhilda. I
                    > do have to say it makes you chuckle. but I can't seem to find a last
                    > name that sounds right to me.
                    > >
                    > > freida
                    > >

                    > > L T <ladybrynmillar@> wrote: A good
                    > store is worth driving to in this state -
                    > > especially as a cabin fever break. <smile>
                    > >
                    > > Lisa
                    > >
                    > > --- Cate <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > I don't think Hartland or Bath are anywhere near
                    > > > Cooper's Mills
                    > > > (although Halcyon is an interesting place). Perhaps
                    > > > it's something
                    > > > small and remote like the silk place I passed the
                    > > > other day.
                    > > > Oooh, the suspense!
                    > > > Cate
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, L T

                    > > > place?

                    > > > real
                    > > > fleece.

                    > > > or
                    > > > saturday.

                    > > > the

                    > > > Marjorie

                    > > > night.
                    > > > place

                    > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    > > >
                    > > > (Yahoo! ID required)
                    > > >
                    > > > mailto:EndeweardeTailor-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    > >

                    > > ---------------------------------

                  • Marge
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                      The Fabric Warehouse is technically in Auburn but the other two are,
                      as Freida said, in Lewiston. Last time I was at the Fabric Warehouse
                      they also had a small selection of leather ($12/lb?) I have yet to
                      buy other fabric there but I have gotten wool (although the price was
                      MUCH better at the Fairfield Antiques Mall--$2.50/yard) and some
                      leather and various odds and ends.

                      Mira brought up the thread place when we were talking about waked
                      linen thread (for bookbinding) and thread for pavillion making. I
                      haven't been there so I have no idea what else they have.

                      I like the name Vasilissa but since I have known Freida for, oh,
                      almost 40 years I think it is just a matter of getting used to the
                      new idea. I find myself saying Gwe-Clare very often so I guess I'm
                      somewhat resistant to change to, even though I like both names...