Re: [EndeweardeTailor] Re: OK ladies field trip

  • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
      Meghan...Bronwyn.....  sorry have called her Meghan for about 16 years now, its a hard habit to break.   I bet she could say the same thing about calling me Mom.

      Leo

      Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:

      And I bet Meghan would vote for lunch.... cause it is one of her absolute favorite things to do......  :)

      Leo

    • Marjorie Adams

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
          That's a possibility, although it was probably more formal like
          "Life-giver" or "Woman who brought me forth from her loins" (don't
          mention that to Jessa- as mothers don't have loins, and she certainly
          would not have passed through them at any point in her life time) or
          "Worrisome Wretch" or "Screaming Shrew", or maybe just "Mother".

          :)

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
          <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > Is "Mom" period?
          >
          > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
          Meghan...Bronwyn..... sorry have called her Meghan for about 16 years
          now, its a hard habit to break. I bet she could say the same thing
          about calling me Mom.

          > Leo
          >
          > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
          >
          > And I bet Meghan would vote for lunch.... cause it is one of her
          absolute favorite things to do...... :)

          > Leo
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > ---------------------------------

        • Marjorie Adams
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
            That would be the 15th, yes?  I could do that I think.  There is also that thread place Mira talked about last night.  She says it has all kinds of goodies.  And there is the lather place not far from that...
            Sara

            Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
            Yeah, I vote a weekend too....since I am enslaved and chained to my desk for 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday...oh the drudgery.... .

            This weekend is going to be messy.....so I vote next weekend when my hubby is going to be working on Saturday and won't be able to be around to cater to my every whim and desire.... :)

            And if we decided that trying on helms wasn't enough, we could find a fabric store and check out fabrics, and sewing stuff, and accessories. ...

            And I bet Meghan would vote for lunch.... cause it is one of her absolute favorite things to do......  :)

            Leo

            Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@yahoo. com> wrote:
            She means Iron Monger.  He's in Mechanic Falls I believe.  We should call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we strike out on a field trip.  Although I am sure we could come up with alternate destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
            Sara

            Cate <kelley_rambo@ antiochne. edu> wrote:
            Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who has a bunch
            of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
            Cate

            In EndeweardeTailor@ yahoogroups. com, "freida" <fis1965@... > wrote:

            > in the past a bunch of us crazy lasses wanted to try out helms when
            > should we be planning this.
            > freida

          • Cate
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
              Do you mean Cooper's Mills? Near Somerville?

              <jorie6568@...> wrote:

              > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We should
              call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we strike out
              on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with alternate
              destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
              > Sara
              >
              > Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:
              > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who
              has a bunch
              > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
              > Cate
              >
              > In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "freida" <fis1965@> wrote:
              > >
              > > in the past a bunch of us crazy lasses wanted to try out helms when
              > > should we be planning this.
              > > freida
              > >

              > ---------------------------------
              Try it now.

            • Cate
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                Lather? Like spa? That sounds like fun.
                Are we talking about the guy in Cooper's Mills or is there someone in
                Mechanic Falls? I'm so confused...
                Cate

                <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I think. There is
                also that thread place Mira talked about last night. She says it has
                all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place not far from that...
                > Sara
                >
                > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
                > Yeah, I vote a weekend too....since I am enslaved and
                chained to my desk for 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday...oh the
                drudgery.....

                > This weekend is going to be messy.....so I vote next weekend when my
                hubby is going to be working on Saturday and won't be able to be
                around to cater to my every whim and desire.... :)

                > And if we decided that trying on helms wasn't enough, we could find
                a fabric store and check out fabrics, and sewing stuff, and
                accessories....

                > And I bet Meghan would vote for lunch.... cause it is one of her
                absolute favorite things to do...... :)

                > Leo
                >
                > Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We
                should call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we
                strike out on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with
                alternate destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
                > Sara
                >
                > Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:
                > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who has a
                bunch
                > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
                > Cate
                >
                > In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "freida" <fis1965@> wrote:
                > >
                > > in the past a bunch of us crazy lasses wanted to try out helms when
                > > should we be planning this.
                > > freida
                > >

                > ---------------------------------
                Try it now.

                > ---------------------------------
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                Search.

              • Leofwyn
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                  http://www.ironmongerarmory.com/index.php

                  Yeah it is in Coopers Mills......which is where?

                  Leo

                  --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Cate" <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:

                  > Do you mean Cooper's Mills? Near Somerville?
                  >
                  > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
                  > <jorie6568@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We should
                  > call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we strike out
                  > on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with alternate
                  > destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
                  > > Sara
                  > >
                  > > Cate <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
                  > > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who
                  > has a bunch
                  > > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
                  > > Cate
                  > >
                  > > In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "freida" <fis1965@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > in the past a bunch of us crazy lasses wanted to try out helms when
                  > > > should we be planning this.
                  > > > freida
                  > > >

                  > > ---------------------------------
                  > Try it now.

                • Leofwyn
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                    Actually, according to the website, they are at the Gulf Wars until
                    March 16th, so it is doubtful Eric is even there.

                    Maybe the week after on the 22nd? Although we should probably email
                    him to make sure he will have any helms left to try on....?

                    But of course, if we are really feeling the urge to "do something" we
                    could always make a day of it on some other topic, like fabric,
                    thread, leather, etc.....no saying that we cant do this more than once.

                    Leo

                    --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Leofwyn" <elamache@...> wrote:

                    > http://www.ironmongerarmory.com/index.php
                    >
                    > Yeah it is in Coopers Mills......which is where?
                    >
                    > Leo
                    >

                    > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Cate" <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Do you mean Cooper's Mills? Near Somerville?
                    > >
                    > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
                    > > <jorie6568@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We should
                    > > call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we strike out
                    > > on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with alternate
                    > > destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
                    > > > Sara
                    > > >
                    > > > Cate <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
                    > > > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who
                    > > has a bunch
                    > > > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
                    > > > Cate

                    > > > ---------------------------------
                    > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
                    > > Try it now.

                  • Marjorie Adams
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                      I meant LEATHER!  Yes, Coopers Mills.  And I knew he was going to Gulf Wars.  My brain is just not working properly.  Too many things going on all at once.  I may not be fit company for man or beast on the 22nd--or for you ladies for that matter.  I am thinking of unning away and hiding for awhile...

                      Leofwyn <elamache@...> wrote:

                      Actually, according to the website, they are at the Gulf Wars until
                      March 16th, so it is doubtful Eric is even there.

                      Maybe the week after on the 22nd? Although we should probably email
                      him to make sure he will have any helms left to try on....?

                      But of course, if we are really feeling the urge to "do something" we
                      could always make a day of it on some other topic, like fabric,
                      thread, leather, etc.....no saying that we cant do this more than once.

                      Leo

                      --- In EndeweardeTailor@ yahoogroups. com, "Leofwyn" <elamache@.. .> wrote:

                      > http://www.ironmong erarmory. com/index. php
                      >
                      > Yeah it is in Coopers Mills......which is where?
                      >
                      > Leo
                      >

                      > --- In EndeweardeTailor@ yahoogroups. com, "Cate" <kelley_rambo@ > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Do you mean Cooper's Mills? Near Somerville?
                      > >
                      > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@ yahoogroups. com, Marjorie Adams
                      > > <jorie6568@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We should
                      > > call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we strike out
                      > > on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with alternate
                      > > destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
                      > > > Sara
                      > > >
                      > > > Cate <kelley_rambo@ > wrote:
                      > > > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who
                      > > has a bunch
                      > > > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
                      > > > Cate

                      > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                      > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
                      > > Try it now.

                    • Leofwyn of Whittlesey
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                         I am sure that we understand about the 22nd. I think I would probably run away and hide for awhile too. Or at least take up residence in my bedroom for a few days, with warnings to all to stay away.

                        Perhaps we should all wait until April in the hopes that the roads will be drier......? And in hopes that Ironmongers stores are replenished?

                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                          If you want to do April, the 6th is the equestrian demo down in Gray.
                          Cate

                          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Leofwyn of Whittlesey
                          <elamache@...> wrote:

                          > I am sure that we understand about the 22nd. I think I would
                          probably run away and hide for awhile too. Or at least take up
                          residence in my bedroom for a few days, with warnings to all to stay
                          away.

                          > Perhaps we should all wait until April in the hopes that the roads
                          will be drier......? And in hopes that Ironmongers stores are replenished?

                          > Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote: I am thinking of unning away
                          and hiding for awhile...

                          > ---------------------------------

                        • freida
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                            there also a fabric warehouse with wool and the leather store in the area.
                            so we could hit a number of stores
                            freida

                            <jorie6568@...> wrote:

                            > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I think. There is
                            also that thread place Mira talked about last night. She says it has
                            all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place not far from that...
                            > Sara
                            >
                            > Leofwyn of Whittlesey <elamache@...> wrote:
                            > Yeah, I vote a weekend too....since I am enslaved and
                            chained to my desk for 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday...oh the
                            drudgery.....

                            > This weekend is going to be messy.....so I vote next weekend when my
                            hubby is going to be working on Saturday and won't be able to be
                            around to cater to my every whim and desire.... :)

                            > And if we decided that trying on helms wasn't enough, we could find
                            a fabric store and check out fabrics, and sewing stuff, and
                            accessories....

                            > And I bet Meghan would vote for lunch.... cause it is one of her
                            absolute favorite things to do...... :)

                            > Leo
                            >
                            > Marjorie Adams <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                            > She means Iron Monger. He's in Mechanic Falls I believe. We
                            should call first to make sure he is in/going to be in before we
                            strike out on a field trip. Although I am sure we could come up with
                            alternate destinations, they probably wouldn't fulfill the agenda.
                            > Sara
                            >
                            > Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:
                            > Where would you intend for this to take place? i.e. who has a
                            bunch
                            > of helms for crazy lasses to try out?
                            > Cate
                            >
                            > In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "freida" <fis1965@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > in the past a bunch of us crazy lasses wanted to try out helms when
                            > > should we be planning this.
                            > > freida
                            > >

                            > ---------------------------------
                            Try it now.

                            > ---------------------------------
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------
                            Search.

                          • Cate
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                              Where is that located? I passed a store on the way to Ellsworth last
                              week that sells silk and upholstery fabrics (wrong direction, I know).

                              So, would we call you Vassa or Leesa for short?

                            • L T
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                I vote for Vassa for short.

                                Lisa
                                (Bryn, who is considering registering "Lisa" as part
                                of her sca name)

                                PS The full Russian name sounds very nice.

                                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                              • L T
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                  Thread place? Where? Are you talking about Halcyon
                                  Yarn in Bath? If not Halcyon, then what is the place?
                                  What type of "thread"?

                                  Fabric warehouse with wool? Where? Hard to find real
                                  wool - everything has gone over to polyester fleece.

                                  I know there is a leather store in Hartland - they
                                  sell to lots of sca leather merchants. Bring cash or
                                  major credit card if you visit - they don't take
                                  checks. They are only open limited hours on saturday.
                                  I think the name of the place is American Leather.
                                  Lots of nice colored little remmant bits for small
                                  projects. I believe they do chemical processing of the
                                  leather if that matters to people. Quite an
                                  interesting storefront to visit.

                                  Lisa

                                  --- freida <fis1965@...> wrote:

                                  > there also a fabric warehouse with wool and the
                                  > leather store in the area.
                                  > so we could hit a number of stores
                                  > freida
                                  >
                                  > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie
                                  > Adams
                                  > <jorie6568@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I
                                  > think. There is
                                  > also that thread place Mira talked about last night.
                                  > She says it has
                                  > all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place
                                  > not far from that...
                                  > > Sara

                                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                • Cate
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                    I don't think Hartland or Bath are anywhere near Cooper's Mills
                                    (although Halcyon is an interesting place). Perhaps it's something
                                    small and remote like the silk place I passed the other day.
                                    Oooh, the suspense!
                                    Cate

                                    --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote:

                                    > Thread place? Where? Are you talking about Halcyon
                                    > Yarn in Bath? If not Halcyon, then what is the place?
                                    > What type of "thread"?
                                    >
                                    > Fabric warehouse with wool? Where? Hard to find real
                                    > wool - everything has gone over to polyester fleece.
                                    >
                                    > I know there is a leather store in Hartland - they
                                    > sell to lots of sca leather merchants. Bring cash or
                                    > major credit card if you visit - they don't take
                                    > checks. They are only open limited hours on saturday.
                                    > I think the name of the place is American Leather.
                                    > Lots of nice colored little remmant bits for small
                                    > projects. I believe they do chemical processing of the
                                    > leather if that matters to people. Quite an
                                    > interesting storefront to visit.
                                    >
                                    > Lisa
                                    >
                                    > --- freida <fis1965@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > there also a fabric warehouse with wool and the
                                    > > leather store in the area.
                                    > > so we could hit a number of stores
                                    > > freida
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie
                                    > > Adams
                                    > > <jorie6568@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > That would be the 15th, yes? I could do that I
                                    > > think. There is
                                    > > also that thread place Mira talked about last night.
                                    > > She says it has
                                    > > all kinds of goodies. And there is the lather place
                                    > > not far from that...
                                    > > > Sara

                                    > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                                  • L T
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                      A good store is worth driving to in this state -
                                      especially as a cabin fever break. <smile>

                                      Lisa

                                    • freida smith
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                        the places that I'm thinking about is in the city of Lewiston. I suck at names. the leather shop in a old shoe mill and the fabric warehouse, I believe is called that. the last time I was there they had wool at prices of $7.99 and 14.99. they had black,tan,brown,blue,reds and some pastels. I couldn't stay long because I had to go to the little girls room and they were very selfish about the use of the ladies room. both places are not very far from each other but you have to do a little fancy city driving.

                                        I really need to thank Brita again for the web sites that she sent me to help Logan at finding a name.
                                        I like the name Vasilissa Donets but Marge says I don't look like a Vasilissa. she thinks (I believe) that I look more like a Brunhilda. I do have to say it makes you chuckle. but  I can't seem to find a last name that sounds right to me.

                                        freida

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                          I do like Brunhilda. What language is it? Maybe we can help you find
                                          a last name - although I don't think that is a good reason for someone
                                          to change their name (just my opinion, ahem, Clare...who I still think
                                          of as Gwen :) I'm just not good with change. <BG>
                                          Cate

                                          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, freida smith <fis1965@...> wrote:

                                          > the places that I'm thinking about is in the city of Lewiston. I
                                          suck at names. the leather shop in a old shoe mill and the fabric
                                          warehouse, I believe is called that. the last time I was there they
                                          had wool at prices of $7.99 and 14.99. they had
                                          black,tan,brown,blue,reds and some pastels. I couldn't stay long
                                          because I had to go to the little girls room and they were very
                                          selfish about the use of the ladies room. both places are not very
                                          far from each other but you have to do a little fancy city driving.

                                          > I really need to thank Brita again for the web sites that she sent
                                          me to help Logan at finding a name.
                                          > I like the name Vasilissa Donets but Marge says I don't look like a
                                          Vasilissa. she thinks (I believe) that I look more like a Brunhilda. I
                                          do have to say it makes you chuckle. but I can't seem to find a last
                                          name that sounds right to me.

                                          > freida
                                          >

                                          > L T <ladybrynmillar@...> wrote: A good
                                          store is worth driving to in this state -
                                          > especially as a cabin fever break. <smile>
                                          >
                                          > Lisa
                                          >
                                          > --- Cate <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > I don't think Hartland or Bath are anywhere near
                                          > > Cooper's Mills
                                          > > (although Halcyon is an interesting place). Perhaps
                                          > > it's something
                                          > > small and remote like the silk place I passed the
                                          > > other day.
                                          > > Oooh, the suspense!
                                          > > Cate
                                          > >

                                          > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, L T
                                          > > <ladybrynmillar@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Thread place? Where? Are you talking about Halcyon
                                          > > > Yarn in Bath? If not Halcyon, then what is the
                                          > > place?
                                          > > > What type of "thread"?
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Fabric warehouse with wool? Where? Hard to find
                                          > > real
                                          > > > wool - everything has gone over to polyester
                                          > > fleece.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > I know there is a leather store in Hartland - they
                                          > > > sell to lots of sca leather merchants. Bring cash
                                          > > or
                                          > > > major credit card if you visit - they don't take
                                          > > > checks. They are only open limited hours on
                                          > > saturday.
                                          > > > I think the name of the place is American Leather.
                                          > >
                                          > > > Lots of nice colored little remmant bits for small
                                          > > > projects. I believe they do chemical processing of
                                          > > the
                                          > > > leather if that matters to people. Quite an
                                          > > > interesting storefront to visit.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Lisa

                                          > > Marjorie

                                          > > night.
                                          > > place

                                          > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
                                          > > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                          > > >

                                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                          > >
                                          > > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                          > >
                                          > > mailto:EndeweardeTailor-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                          >

                                          > ---------------------------------

                                        • Cate
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                            Here's a different spelling:
                                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr

                                            --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Cate" <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:

                                            > I do like Brunhilda. What language is it? Maybe we can help you find
                                            > a last name - although I don't think that is a good reason for someone
                                            > to change their name (just my opinion, ahem, Clare...who I still think
                                            > of as Gwen :) I'm just not good with change. <BG>
                                            > Cate
                                            >
                                            > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, freida smith <fis1965@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > the places that I'm thinking about is in the city of Lewiston. I
                                            > suck at names. the leather shop in a old shoe mill and the fabric
                                            > warehouse, I believe is called that. the last time I was there they
                                            > had wool at prices of $7.99 and 14.99. they had
                                            > black,tan,brown,blue,reds and some pastels. I couldn't stay long
                                            > because I had to go to the little girls room and they were very
                                            > selfish about the use of the ladies room. both places are not very
                                            > far from each other but you have to do a little fancy city driving.
                                            > >
                                            > > I really need to thank Brita again for the web sites that she sent
                                            > me to help Logan at finding a name.
                                            > > I like the name Vasilissa Donets but Marge says I don't look like a
                                            > Vasilissa. she thinks (I believe) that I look more like a Brunhilda. I
                                            > do have to say it makes you chuckle. but I can't seem to find a last
                                            > name that sounds right to me.
                                            > >
                                            > > freida
                                            > >

                                            > > L T <ladybrynmillar@> wrote: A good
                                            > store is worth driving to in this state -
                                            > > especially as a cabin fever break. <smile>
                                            > >
                                            > > Lisa
                                            > >
                                            > > --- Cate <kelley_rambo@> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > > I don't think Hartland or Bath are anywhere near
                                            > > > Cooper's Mills
                                            > > > (although Halcyon is an interesting place). Perhaps
                                            > > > it's something
                                            > > > small and remote like the silk place I passed the
                                            > > > other day.
                                            > > > Oooh, the suspense!
                                            > > > Cate
                                            > > >

                                            > > > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, L T

                                            > > > place?

                                            > > > real
                                            > > > fleece.

                                            > > > or
                                            > > > saturday.

                                            > > > the

                                            > > > Marjorie

                                            > > > night.
                                            > > > place

                                            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                            > > >
                                            > > > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                            > > >
                                            > > > mailto:EndeweardeTailor-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                            > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                            > >

                                            > > ---------------------------------

                                          • Marge
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 7, 2008
                                              The Fabric Warehouse is technically in Auburn but the other two are,
                                              as Freida said, in Lewiston. Last time I was at the Fabric Warehouse
                                              they also had a small selection of leather ($12/lb?) I have yet to
                                              buy other fabric there but I have gotten wool (although the price was
                                              MUCH better at the Fairfield Antiques Mall--$2.50/yard) and some
                                              leather and various odds and ends.

                                              Mira brought up the thread place when we were talking about waked
                                              linen thread (for bookbinding) and thread for pavillion making. I
                                              haven't been there so I have no idea what else they have.

                                              I like the name Vasilissa but since I have known Freida for, oh,
                                              almost 40 years I think it is just a matter of getting used to the
                                              new idea. I find myself saying Gwe-Clare very often so I guess I'm
                                              somewhat resistant to change to, even though I like both names...