Re: Hello all

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      How about we meet sometime during the week after the hunt? Unless
      someone has a project they are working on for the hunt. Currently I
      am available any time on Monday, Thursday or Friday of that week. It
      would be great to get as many of us together as possible.

      Kim

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Marge Adams"
      <jorie6568@y...> wrote:
      > I would love to meet with you all! However, I am still in Boston
      > with Jossilyn for a couple more weeks. (She is doing very well by
      > the way.) Hopefully we will be home by mid-Oct--actually I am still
      > hoping to make it to the Hunt, though Jossil will be unable to
      > attend (post-transplant restrictions.)
      >
      > Marge
      >
      > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Christine Wright"
      > <ysabiau@u...> wrote:
      > > A meeting would be great! But when? For me, the next few
      > weekends are very
      > > busy. Weekday afternoons or evenings would work best. I can also
      > offer to
      > > host a meeting either in October or November, if folks wouldn't
      > mind driving
      > > to Unity.
      > >
      > > -Ysabiau

    • Doug Saball
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005

        Hi Kim, Marge, Ysabiau, and all;

        I was hoping to get something together these past two weeks in the event that Peter and I were able to attend the hunt, but it seemed everything got in the way (even two days of the flue - so far).

        Peter and I attended Lord Goodrich’s archery practice last Tuesday and Peter is hooked!!  Mary, my wife, has graciously allowed me a few 1/4+ sides of leather that is a bit too thick for her to use for horse tack.  I am planning on making a few quivers, archer's pouches, belts, etc.

        I was hoping to make a (or two) simple tunic(s) this weekend.  But as of yet Mary has not taken the time to pull appropriate material.  Friday she did pull her plaid and there is about 2 yards of brown.  Not enough to make the 15 yard kilt that could have been warn by Mary's ancestor Sir Roger le Poer of 1066.

        Actually I have not picked an ancestor (found over 12 from both our lines in the Middle Ages), nor the persona.  Peter wants to be an archer, and I may also be an archer part of the time.  I would rather be a luither (maker of musical instruments) and player of the instruments for my persona.  But this may be more in the future since I need to make some of the tools and get some hard wood, etc.  In 1982 I made a hammered dulcimer, and a mountain dulcimer.  The hammered dulcimer is in need of repair and I never truly learned how to play it.

        Well, bake to the sewing night; I am interested so I can start to get our “kit” together.  Presently, Tuesdays are for archery & bard guild (when it starts up again), Wednesday is church and Neville Company youth group (War of the Roses), Sunday is mostly taken by church (morning & evening).  Otherwise I might be able to attend.  BTW. I have done some hand stitching & embroidery (long story).  But I have not done much machine sewing, although Mary has 3 machines (not sure if all work).

        Doug Saball

        Unity, ME

        Kim wrote:
        How about we meet sometime during the week after the hunt?  Unless
        someone has a project they are working on for the hunt.  Currently I
        am available any time on Monday, Thursday or Friday of that week.  It
        would be great to get as many of us together as possible.

        Kim

        Yahoo! for Good

      • Marge Adams
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
          If we are back home, Kelsey and I will come!!
          Marge

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kabergmann@a...>