Tudor lacing -

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2008
      Clare -
      Do both of your Tudor gowns lace in the back? I was considering
      making mine lace on the sides - anyone have any thoughts on that?
      Cate
    • Marjorie Adams
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2008
        Yeah, I have some thoughts on it.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2008
          Okay,
          This is just my two cents...
          When I make a bodice, I have it lace up the front, but gowns I lace up
          the back. For me this about status. Ladies with gowns had maids to
          lace them, common women did not. About lacing on the sides... I have
          heard that you can get a more accurate fit this way and it doesn't
          require a maid, but for me, that's twice as much threading, tugging
          and straightening. It's all about personal choice.

          Clare.

          --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
          <jorie6568@...> wrote:

          > Yeah, I have some thoughts on it.
          >
          > Cate <kelley@...> wrote: Clare -
          > Do both of your Tudor gowns lace in the back? I was considering
          > making mine lace on the sides - anyone have any thoughts on that?
          > Cate
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          Search.

        • Cate
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2008
            Yes? And where were you all on Sun?

            <jorie6568@...> wrote:

            > Yeah, I have some thoughts on it.
            >
            > Cate <kelley@...> wrote: Clare -
            > Do both of your Tudor gowns lace in the back? I was considering
            > making mine lace on the sides - anyone have any thoughts on that?
            > Cate
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            Search.

          • Cate
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 11, 2008
              Two cents are good. I like two cents. Do your gowns have the "V"
              dip in the back? I don't think mine will (when I finally make it)
              since my corset will show.
              Cate

              --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Wendi"
              <lobster_kelaguen@...> wrote:

              > Okay,
              > This is just my two cents...
              > When I make a bodice, I have it lace up the front, but gowns I lace
              up
              > the back. For me this about status. Ladies with gowns had maids to
              > lace them, common women did not. About lacing on the sides... I
              have
              > heard that you can get a more accurate fit this way and it doesn't
              > require a maid, but for me, that's twice as much threading, tugging
              > and straightening. It's all about personal choice.
              >
              > Clare.
              >
              > --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
              > <jorie6568@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yeah, I have some thoughts on it.
              > >
              > > Cate <kelley@> wrote: Clare -
              > > Do both of your Tudor gowns lace in the back? I was considering
              > > making mine lace on the sides - anyone have any thoughts on that?
              > > Cate

              > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with
              Yahoo!