Re: more paintings by van der Weydan

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2008
      I would guess that the burgundy jacquard sleeves are a separate
      piece. It almost looks like the yellow underdress goes across the
      shoulders in the back, while the green overdress is cut at a V. The
      other picture is on that same page, same artist about 5 pictures
      above.

      It's almost like they took a stiffened strip of fabric and coiled it
      around the head. The second painting (which I found at wikipedia
      under the artist's name) has a shear veil over the hat.

      Something different.
      Cate

      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams
      <jorie6568@...> wrote:

      > I couldn't get that link to work but what is up with that hat? I
      have never seen one like it. The uvm.edu site says the underdress
      has a "deep fur border" but doesnt tell me what that contrast to the
      green is. I assume the cote is sleeveless and the brown(?) sleeves
      are the underdress.

      > Cate <kelley@...> wrote: This is another painting of the
      same hat - I assume the dress is
      > similar as well.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Braque_Family_Triptych_right_panel
      _W
      > GA.jpg
      > All I could find so far.
      >
      > Cate
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      Mobile. Try it now.

    • Marge
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 19, 2008
        --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Cate" <kelley@...> wrote:

        > I would guess that the burgundy jacquard sleeves are a separate
        > piece. It almost looks like the yellow underdress goes across the
        > shoulders in the back, while the green overdress is cut at a V. The
        > other picture is on that same page, same artist about 5 pictures
        > above.

        Separate piece? Do you mean false sleeves? Kelsey and I were trying
        to decide if that is the yellow undergown you see in the back at the
        vee. And what about the fur border on the undergown? Was that
        common? I don't know much about this time frame...