Re: [EndeweardeTailor] dying linen

  • Marjorie Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      My understanding is that linen does not dye all that well...  Maybe it just doesn't hold the dye well?  I can't remember for sure.  There was a discussion on another list awhile back but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was.  I think I heard something similiar from Ced too.  You could ask him,  I am fairly certain he is not on this list.
      ~Sara~

      Cate <kelley@...> wrote:
      Has anyone tried dying linen? I assume it would be the same as other
      fabrics, right? There is some bleached linen for sale on line, rather
      good price, so I was wondering about dying it. A white cotehardie is
      not for me -