Who makes bodices?

  • Marge
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 14 6:18 AM
      I'm looking for a good pattern for a bodice. I think I have decided I
      want one for Bare Blade. And it strikes me that I should have one in
      my closet anyway, even though I usually do an earlier time period.

      Suggestions anyone?
      Sara
    • ann sterling
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 14 7:52 AM
        Hi Sara, what time frame? I'll check my patterns.
        Leofcwen.

        Respectfully, Ann {in the SCA, Leofcwen of Hámðorp}
        "A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds.
        A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship,
        and he who plants kindness gathers love." St. Basil, 4th Cent.

        http://resnaturaeyarns.homestead.com/Home.html
        ebay sellers ID: creativecat1

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      • Marjorie Adams
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 14 4:04 PM
          Leofcwen,
          I guess I hadn't thought about it much. Later period.  Not too fancy.  Suitable for a less than desirable tavern. There is another event I am considering attending that also has a tavern setting so it seems appropriate that I have one. Skirts and chemises are a breeze.  Kelsey and I have made up a couple of bodices for her previously.  I think we used a bodice generator online.    I'm just looking to pick people's brains on what has worked best for them.   Thanks!
          Sara

          ann sterling <medfordhomefarm@...> wrote:
          Hi Sara, what time frame? I'll check my patterns.
          Leofcwen.

          Respectfully, Ann {in the SCA, Leofcwen of H�m�orp}
          "A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds.
          A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship,
          and he who plants kindness gathers love." St. Basil, 4th Cent.

          http://resnaturaeya rns.homestead. com/Home. html
          ebay sellers ID: creativecat1

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

        • Kimberly LaMarre
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 14 6:53 PM

            We could try making you a duct tape pattern…

            Elena

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18 5:13 AM
              Well, I thought I had already replied to this but maybe not.

              A duct tape pattern? You mean wrap me up in duct tape? That sounds,
              ummm...interesting I guess. Is that how you make yours?

              I am thinking I might just buy one, if I can find a good one for
              the "right" price (read that as "cheap.")

              --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly LaMarre"
              <kalamarre@...> wrote:

              > We could try making you a duct tape pattern�
              >

              > Elena

              Adams
              > Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:05 PM
              > To: EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [EndeweardeTailor] Re:Who makes bodices?
              >

              > Leofcwen,
              >
              > I guess I hadn't thought about it much. Later period. Not too
              fancy.
              > Suitable for a less than desirable tavern. There is another event I
              am
              > considering attending that also has a tavern setting so it seems
              appropriate
              > that I have one. Skirts and chemises are a breeze. Kelsey and I
              have made
              > up a couple of bodices for her previously. I think we used a bodice
              > generator online. I'm just looking to pick people's brains on
              what has
              > worked best for them. Thanks!
              >
              > Sara
              >

              > ann sterling <medfordhomefarm@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hi Sara, what time frame? I'll check my patterns.
              >
              > Leofcwen.
              >

              > Respectfully, Ann {in the SCA, Leofcwen of H�m�orp}
              > "A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds.
              > A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship,
              > and he who plants kindness gathers love." St. Basil, 4th Cent.
              >
              > http://resnaturaeyarns.homestead.com/Home.html
              > ebay sellers ID: creativecat1
              >

              > _____
              >

              > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              > Check out fitting gifts
              > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http:/search.yahoo.com/search?
              fr=oni_on_m
              > ail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.
              >

              > _____
              >
              > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
              > Check out fitting gifts
              > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48249/*http:/search.yahoo.com/search?
              fr=oni_on_m
              > ail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz> for grads at Yahoo! Search.

            • Deborah Ellis
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 18 7:06 AM
                I've seen this before, but don't ask me where. It
                seems to make a usable pattern.

                Anne

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 18 7:21 AM
                  What about using your cotehardie pattern?
                  Cate

                  --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, "Marge" <jorie6568@...>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 18 10:20 AM
                    But the silhouette is different isn't it?  I don't think it would look right.  But maybe I don't know.  Bodices (as I am thinking of them) usually utilize boning and cotehardies don't.  That alone ensures a different look, to my thinking.  Also, I am hoping for one that will actually be supportive.  I still haven't acquired the knack of a self-supporting cotehardie.  Hell, I still can't make a sleeve to suit me! <grin>  Okay, I've managed to make short sleeves that I find acceptable.  Plus I am happy that my Pennsic trip has my arms looking relatively normal again.  (After those sedentary months in the hospital with Joss I came home with fat "old lady" arms.  I'm hoping swinging a stick at people will help even more!)

                    Something to wear on my head is also proving to be a challenge for me.  More specifically, something I can stand to actually wear and is comfortable.  Oh, and something I don't think looks stupid on me and yet is still at least marginally period at least.  Geez, I don't ask for much do I? <grin>

                    Sara

                    Kelley <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:
                    What about using your cotehardie pattern?
                    Cate

                    ---
                    .

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 18 10:56 AM
                      You didn't say whether you wanted boning or not - I think that is Ys'
                      area of expertise, isn't it?

                      As for headgear, I would agree: 1) something I don't look stupid in,
                      2) something that doesn't fall off when I dance, 3) something that
                      doesn't even slide when I walk, 4) something that doesn't make my
                      head sweat (yuck!) and 5) something somewhat comfortable (basically
                      in order of importance...).
                      Cate

                      --- In EndeweardeTailor@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Adams